12.29.2015

Lots of Love for Davines Melu Shampoo + Conditioner


Last time I went to get my hair done, my hairdresser was telling me about how much she loved a particular shampoo and conditioner and was kind enough to send me home with two sample containers for me to try. After using my samples one time, I texted her to say I was stopping in to pick up the full-size containers of each ASAP.

The aforementioned products are Davines Melu Shampoo ($25) and Conditioner ($29). The Melu line is geared towards long and damaged hair, and although length-wise, my hair doesn't really fit the bill, ever since I started coloring it earlier this year, my locks have been begging for products to nourish them.

The shampoo does a great job of cleansing my hair, without stripping and drying out my roots. The star of the duo, however, is the conditioner. It's housed in a container with a flip top, rather than a bottle, because of its incredibly thick consistency. It has the texture of a balm more than a traditional conditioner, and I tend to apply a quarter-sized amount to the bottom half of my hair, where it needs the most help. Despite its heavy consistency, it washes out completely and doesn't weigh down my grease-prone hair. And although not specifically formulated for color-treated hair, I find that I can safely use the Melu duo without experiencing any stripping of color.

If you've followed me for a long time, you'll know that I'm generally a drugstore hair care kinda girl, with the exception of a few styling products. However, after a few bad experiences with some drugstore products stripping my color, I was ready for a change. With the Davines Melu pair being one of my first high-end shampoo and conditioner purchases, I can safely say that yes, sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and these are certainly worth their price tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...