11.28.2015

The Much Raved About Green Beauty Foundation: Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation

Natural, green beauty products are something I'm always interested in dabbling more in, and I've been curious about the Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation ($52) ever since seeing it raved about by a few YouTubers I watch. Seeing as how foundations are among my favorite products to test and review, I couldn't be more excited when I was offered the opportunity to try it out for myself.
I have the shade Lisa, described as a mid-toned shade with yellow undertones (around NC25). The foundation comes in a tiny, travel-friendly bottle (rest assured, it contains the same 1 oz./30 mL as the average foundation), and Sappho Organics sells a separate pump that can be attached. The foundation offers light to medium coverage and a natural, satin finish. It has an soft herbal scent to it that reminds me of the fragrance and skincare section of Whole Foods, but in case you're not a fan, it also dissipates quickly. It's a formula that I could see working well on a variety of skin types and contains such ingredients as organic aloe juice, organic jojoba oil and essential oils. I prefer to preventatively powder my oily t-zone when I need it to last all day, but the formula certainly doesn't require it. It has a slightly thicker consistency that favors application with a brush, rather than with fingers, but it blends in quickly and easily.

Bare skin (L) and wearing Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation in Lisa
Wearing Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation in Lisa
Overall, the Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation is a great all-arounder. Its only weakness is its slightly smaller shade range, with only eight shades to choose from. It's a fantastic foundation for everyday wear, with light coverage that smooths over imperfections and an incredibly natural, skin-like finish.

If you're looking to make the switch to all green beauty products, or you simply want to dip your toes in, the Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation is a great place to start. I promise you won't even remember it contains all good-for-your-skin ingredients.



Disclosure: This product was sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...