11.14.2015

Another Charlotte Tilbury Rave: Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

It was only a matter of time before I gave in to temptation and added a Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Re-Shape & Re-Size Lip Liner to my lip liner stash. As someone who is admittedly not yet well versed in the various lip liner formulas, I'm always interested in trying out what different brands have to offer. After having the opportunity to swatch and play around with the Charlotte Tilbury collection at a counter a few weeks ago, I was sold on the versatility of Pillow Talk
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk ($22) is a neutral rosy pink that is perfect for pairing with my-lips-but-better lip colors or wearing on its own for a natural, barely there lip. The formula is just creamy enough that it glides on during application, but it has a matte finish that helps the liner to stay put and plays a large role in its impressive longevity. Compared to the Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Lip Liner, which is one of my favorites from the drugstore (the shade Eastend Snob is similar to Pillow Talk, but paler and cooler toned), Charlotte Tilbury's formula is significantly longer wearing. 

One of my favorite ways to wear Pillow Talk is to use it to line and fill in my lips before topping it off with either the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in Rose or a nude gloss like MAC Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait (which I just finished!). Here, I'm wearing it on its own. Because it's very similar to my natural lip color, it's also a great option for when I want to slightly overline my lips, while still aiming to keep it looking subtle and believable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...