10.24.2015

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria

If you follow me on snapchat (username willwrkfrmakeup), you'll already know the gem I stumbled across the other day while at Nordstrom in search of the NEST Pumpkin Chai Candle - a Charlotte Tilbury counter. Basically, my eyes lit up and I may or may not have done a little mental squeal when I saw it. The only thing I've tried from her brand is the Fallen Angel Palette, which I LOVE, but I hadn't gotten around to dabbling in her other offerings yet. Being able to see everything in person and swatch to my heart's content helped rectify that situation in no time.
After covering the back of my hand in swatches, I picked up two products, one of which is the Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Very Victoria ($32), a mauvey brown-nude. Although it appears gold in the photo above, the packaging is actually a stunning rose gold. At the counter, Very Victoria almost looked like it contained micro-shimmer that set it apart from other nudes, without taking away from its matte finish. When I swatched it at home the next day, however, I think the shimmer I thought I saw was actually a very subtle sheen than actual shimmer. 

Very Victoria glides on without tugging at the lips and has a velvety satin finish. Unlike some matte lipstick formulas, this one isn't heavy or paint-like, and it doesn't make the lips look dry or parched. While the formula itself doesn't provide hydration, I find it comfortable to wear and non-drying, and the lasting power is average. The formula accurately claims to be buildable, and I can swipe on a few layers to achieve mostly opaque coverage without it feeling heavy.
Wearing Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria
People have deemed the Matte Revolution Lipstick formula one of their favorite matte formulas, and although I'm not quite sure I'm ready to make the same declaration, I can certainly understand the appeal. It's a great formula with gorgeous packaging to boot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...