10.18.2015

BITE Beauty Best Bite Rewind


I'm trying to play it cool with all the holiday releases, but the second I heard rumblings about the BITE Beauty Best Bite Rewind set, I knew I had to have it. I'm a big fan of their Matte Creme Lip Crayon formula, which has more of satin finish than a true matte one and boasts strong pigmentation and a long wear time that is hydrating and comfortable. The set includes four shades (three of which are new) that range from nude to vampy, making it the perfect mini lip wardrobe. The red tin case that houses the crayons is really cute, too.

Best Bite Rewind ($25) includes Cafe, a peachy-pink nude, Torte, a medium-toned rose, Coulis, a red with a hint of pink undertone, and Aubergine, a purple berry and the only pre-existing shade in the set. I've been getting a ton of wear out of Cafe lately, and I like pairing it with a nude liner to define my lip shape, since on its own, it can look a bit pale on me. My other favorite is Aubergine - surprise, surprise. It's a gorgeous shade for fall and winter, and it's deep and vampy without being intimidating. Coulis is a beautiful red that would suit anyone, while I'm still trying to find ways to make Torte work on me. I often find medium and deeper roses a bit aging on me, but I find I prefer Torte when topped with a bit of nude gloss.

L to R: Cafe, Torte, Coulis and Aubergine
Top to bottom: Cafe, Torte, Coulis and Aubergine
Seeing as the set is a $55 value but costs just a dollar more than a full-sized Matte Creme Lip Crayon, I think Best Bite Rewind is a no-brainer. It's a welcome addition to any matte lip lover's collection, but it would make a great gift as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...