9.12.2015

Summer Beauty In Review

After a couple of weeks of scorching heat, I'm kind of ready for summer to end. I discovered and re-discovered a lot of great beauty products this summer. Here are my favorites of this past season.
I swear this post isn't sponsored by Murad. They sent me a generous package at the beginning of summer so that I could try out some of their products, and I fell in love with quite a few of them. I talked about the Clarifying Body Spray* in this post, and it's been a godsend in terms of keeping any chest or back breakouts at bay. I'm nearly out of this and will absolutely be replenishing my supply. Their Collagen Support Body Cream* was the perfect body moisturizer for the warmer months. Its texture is interesting (reminds me of slightly melted whipped cream?), and it's perfectly lightweight for summer while still being hydrating enough, and it sinks in quickly. The scent reminds me of lemongrass - fresh and invigorating. The Invisiblur Perfecting Shield*, without a doubt, had to be included in this post. In addition to being a fantastic makeup primer for my combination skin, the SPF 30 meant that I could skip an additional facial sunscreen step. I talk more about it here.

It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination in Medium* was my most used base these past few months. I love the substantial coverage and dewy, glowing finish. I have quite a few bronzers that I enjoy using in my collection, but I could not stop myself from reaching for Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze day in and day out. No other bronzer perfects the sunkissed glow the way this baby can. I was also into a more dramatic highlight, so I dusted off MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle and threw it back into my daily rotation. I tried the BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle for the first time this summer, and Lychee/Opal was on my cheeks constantly. The flushed glow it achieves is unmatched.

CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara Waterproof dethroned my previous HG mascara, and although it's a complete pain to remove, its volume and curl-holding capabilities are so incredible that it's worth the struggle. One of my most worn lip products of the summer was actually a 100-point perk from Sephora: NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm. The shimmer peachy pink is such a flattering shade, and the formula is quite good.

*PR sample

Bloglovin'. Twitter. Instagram. Facebook.

Disclosure: The products denoted with (*) were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with any of the companies, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...