9.16.2015

Pumpkin Spice Facial in a Jar

It was love at first sip for me with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but it wasn't love at first use with the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask ($58). Initially, I actually thought this exfoliating treatment was a bit too mild and gentle for my taste (I was used to more intensive exfoliating masks like the Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask), but with each use, I slowly came around, and now I'm hooked. 

The Pumpkin Enzyme Mask "exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme, peels with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), and polishes with aluminum oxide." Upon opening the jar, the warm and delicious aroma of pumpkin spice lures me in. Once or twice weekly, I scoop out about a nickel to quarter-sized amount of product (one jar will last you ages), wet my fingertips and massage the mask onto clean, dry skin. It's recommended to leave the mask on for 3-7 minutes before rinsing clean, but I usually leave it on for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind, my skin is not very sensitive, so a shorter amount of time may be plenty for more sensitive skin types.

There's a tingle when the mask is drying, but it's not uncomfortable, in my opinion. The pumpkin enzyme and AHA provide the chemical exfoliation, while the aluminum oxide crystals provide some physical exfoliation. Afterwards, my skin feels completely fresh and rejuvenated, looks brighter and feels as smooth as a baby's bottom. It's basically an autumnal facial in a jar.

I've been using the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask for several months now, but I'm really going to savor it this coming fall season, especially. The scent is divine, and it truly performs. Once I wrapped my mind around the fact that this was going to be different from the clay-based exfoliating masks I was used to, I was really able to appreciate it for what it was. It's a product that will work for a variety of skin types, since you can almost tailor the intensity based on how long you leave the mask on. 

Lovers of pumpkin spice lattes and skincare (*raises hand*), listen up: This mask has your name written all over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...