9.05.2015

My Custom Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Palette

Buxom recently came out with a powder eyeshadow formula where each eyeshadow "bar" essentially comes in a pan format to be inserted into their empty palettes. Each single eyeshadow bar retails for $12, while the purchase of an empty palette with six bars of your choice retails for $40. Buxom also released three pre-made palettes that also retail for $40.

The palette is made of a sturdy plastic and includes a large mirror.
The Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Single Eyeshadow formula is fantastic. The shadows are silky and smooth, without any powderiness or fallout. All of the shades I have are pigmented and blendable. The formula claims to have primer-infused technology, and while I find they apply and initially look great without primer, I experience some fading (but not creasing) with these after a full work day without primer. Primer extends the wear time significantly until I remove my makeup at night.

My eyeshadow preferences are mainly neutral tones these days, so most of my shade selections shouldn't come as a surprise. The only oddball here is that stunning, shimmery mint shade called Room Service, and although I knew I wouldn't use it very often, I just had to have it. It's beautiful. I'm not much for color on my eyes, so I've been reserving it for use in my inner corners, but the pop of mint is so brightening and unexpected.

The shades in my palette -
Room Service :: shimmery, iridescent mint green
Famous Flirt :: pale peach with a satin finish
Invite Only :: matte peachy-tan
Spoiled Sexy :: matte mauvey plum-brown
Filthy Rich :: matte burnt orange-brown
Gold Status :: shimmery neutral gold

L to R: Room Service, Famous Flirt, Invite Only, Spoiled Sexy, Filthy Rich, Gold Status

Wearing Filthy Rich on the lid and Invite Only blended in the crease

Wearing Gold Status over Famous Flirt on the lid, Spoiled Sexy blended into and above the crease and a touch of Filthy Rich directly in the crease
My advice when choosing shades for a palette are to make sure you have a good lid shade, a crease blending shade, a definer shade and an inner corner shade. For me, Famous Flirt, Invite Only and Gold Status are the lid shades, Invite Only and Spoiled Sexy are crease blending shades, Filthy Rich is the definer shade, and Room Service and Gold Status can be worn in the inner corner.

I had so much fun creating my own palette. I would definitely recommend these eyeshadows, and the $40 palette gives you the most bang for your buck. Buxom has really impressed me this year, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...