9.28.2015

Glossy Skin and Lids

It was nearly impossible not to feel inspired by all of the beauty looks seen on the runway during New York Fashion Week. Similarly to the clothing being showcased, the makeup products used for those looks weren't always the most affordable, so I wanted to create a look using easily accessible products from Walgreens. The theme? Glossy skin and lids.
The focus of the look is obviously on the skin and the eyes, so having a nicely prepped base is key. I first applied the No7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum under my moisturizer. It’s meant to have anti-aging effects and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. I don't have the ideal skin to test out anti-aging products, since I don't really have any wrinkles yet, but I like how the serum feels. It has a satiny texture and subtle smoothing properties. After applying my usual moisturizer, I slathered on a few drops of the Botanics Smoothing Facial Oil Triple Age Renewal with Purple Orchid. When applied to bare skin, this facial oil sinks in super quickly and leaves behind no greasy residue at all, making it suitable for use in the morning under makeup, as well as for oily skin types. However, since I wanted an ultra-glossy effect, I applied it over my moisturizer, which allows it to inject the skin with that extra dose of dewiness. In case that wasn't enough, I also applied a thin layer of the Botanics Radiance Balm All Bright. Despite the name, it's more of a lotion than a balm. I love how soft and smooth it makes my skin look and feel. It brightens my complexion just a touch, without any actual shimmer or sheen. I love this one for days when my skin looks tired and drab.

After applying a bit of tinted moisturizer to even out my complexion, I used the Botanics Radiance Highlighter Pen in Warm to brighten up my under-eye area, as well as the tops of my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. It's one of those products that's kind of a highlighter-concealer hybrid. The packaging makes it a convenient choice for on-the-go touch-ups, too. To finish off my skin, I used the bronze shades in the No7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer to add warmth and used a mixture of the pink and coral shades on the apples of my cheeks.

For my glossy lids, I used the sponge tip applicator to apply the Colour Prevails Eye Shimmer Powder in Bronze to my lid. It has quite the sheen on its own anyway, but I also used a wet, flat eyeshadow brush to pat down the color to make it more vibrant and glossy. I used a neutral tan shadow to blend it out.

L to R: Botanics Radiance Highlighter Pen in Warm, Colour Prevails Eye Shimmer Powder in Bronze, Botanics Radiance Balm All Bright, No7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer
Glossy Skin and Lids
I love how fresh and healthy the overall look is. If you need the look to last all day, I'd recommend adding a bit of powder only where your skin needs it. The more skin you leave in its glossy state, the better.

In terms of products, my favorites of the bunch are the Botanics Radiance Balm All Bright and the Colour Prevails Eye Shimmer Powder in Bronze. The balm is a nice little pick-me-up for your skin, and while I don't love the packaging of the eye powder, there's no denying it looks beautiful on the lids. It also wears well, even without primer.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Walgreens through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Walgreens Beauty, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...