9.24.2015

Autumn Berries and Vamps

Autumn is by far my favorite season for makeup, and the main reason lies in the lip color choices. I love berry lips, and when I'm feeling more adventurous, nothing makes me feel more bad-ass than a vampy lip. Here are my picks for the season.
MAC Lipstick Rebel //
Rebel is still one of my top 3 MAC lipsticks. It's a must-have, as far as I'm concerned. It's a purple berry with awesome lasting power and the perfect satin finish. This one is a stainer, though, so best not to apply it unless you're committed to wearing it the whole day.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107 //
107 is a great drugstore fall lipstick. It's a red berry with a satin finish that is sophisticated without appearing aging.

butter LONDON Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Toff* //
I love Toff because I don't have anything else like it in my collection. It's a creamy blackberry, and since it has a shinier finish, it's a bit easier to wear because it's more moisturizing than a matte or satin, and its overall effect doesn't appear as harsh.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Crushed Plum //
Crushed Plum was a favorite from last year, and I have a feeling it will continue to get plenty of love this year, as well. It's a vampy plum, and the Creamy Matte Lip Color formula is one of my all-time favorite mattes.

Wet n Wild Lipstick in Cherry Bomb //
If you're looking for a ultra vampy lip color but not ready to commit to a higher end price tag, Cherry Bomb is calling your name. This is one of the darkest shades in my collection, and although I'm still a bit intimidated by the idea of wearing this deep merlot shade out, there's no denying it's a head-turner.

L to R: MAC Rebel, Rimmel 107, butter LONDON Toff*, Bobbi Brown Crushed Plum, Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb
Clockwise from top right: MAC Rebel, Rimmel 107, butter LONDON Toff*, Bobbi Brown Crushed Plum, Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb (also in full face photo)
These are the more dramatic lip choices I like to go for in the fall, but I tend to reach for more subtle variations for daytime. I may talk about those in a post soon. Who else is rejoicing the start of fall? *raises hand*

*PR sample

Bloglovin'. Twitter. Instagram. Facebook.

Disclosure: The product denoted with (*) was sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...