8.27.2015

When Bad Names Happen to Good Lipsticks: Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Rebel Rose


Luckily for the Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick and its cringe-worthy name, the phrase "Big & Sexy" is nowhere to be seen on the packaging itself, so I can almost let it slide. Lord knows I didn't need another lipstick, but Rebel Rose just stood out to me when I swatched it, and I can't say I regret the purchase one bit.

Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Rebel Rose ($22) is a rosy mauve and definitely within the realm of shades I tend to gravitate towards for an everyday, my-lips-but-better kind of lip. The Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick range includes two finishes, matte and satin, and Rebel Rose is in the satin category. It's creamy and generously pigmented, and there's a healthy sheen in the finish for the first two to three hours or so before it settles into a true satin. Despite being a creamy formula with subtle shine initially, Rebel Rose actually lasts a surprisingly long time on me and fades evenly throughout the course of a day and after meals. The satin finish that develops after the initial few hours seems to almost stain the lips, without settling into lip lines. It's also moisturizing and very comfortable to wear, and it has a delicious vanilla cupcake scent that is subtle and not overwhelming. The packaging is plastic with a magnetic closure and BUXOM embossed on the side.

Wearing Buxom Rebel Rose
I've been wearing Rebel Rose non-stop since I got it. Kind of obsessed. I haven't tried any of the matte shades on my lips, but Sinful Cinnamon looked particularly gorgeous when swatched on the back of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...