7.09.2015

New glo minerals Eye Shadow Shades!

You guys know I'm a big fan of the glo minerals Metallic Smoky Eye Kit. The bronzey quad has some of the most buttery shadows I've ever tried, and there's absolutely no need for eye primer because they're incredibly pigmented, long-wearing and crease-proof on their own. I actually included that palette in my Overrated or Underrated? post, obviously as a product that's completely underrated. Suffice it to say I was curious and excited to try some of glo mineral's eye shadow singles to see how they compared. I was sent four of their new shades for summer.

Clockwise from left: Vintage, Coy, Dove and Graphite
L to R: Vintage, Coy, Dove and Graphite
The first three are matte. Vintage is a mauve-brown. It's similar to MAC Quarry, except it's warmer and more pink. Coy is a peachy-tan, and Dove is a stone gray with a hint of lilac. Graphite is shimmery navy-charcoal.

Formula wise, I find these are not quite as buttery as the shadows in the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit, but they're still really smooth in their own right. These blend effortlessly, and the pigmentation is meant to be light but easily buildable, which I can vouch for. With one layer, the color is sheer, but you can pack on the color to increase the pigmentation to full intensity as well, without it ever looking heavy or packed on. I wore Dove for the first time without primer, and I found it had significant fading (but not creasing) by the end of my work day. Over primer, however, these last beautifully all day without budging.

I've been loving Coy as a crease blending shade, and it's quite a bit peachier than any similar shades I have in my collection. I love a bit of warmth in my shadows, so this one is perfect. Dove is a shade I didn't think would suit me, as gray shadows tend to turn blue on me, but surprisingly, it works because it still has a bit of warmth in it. Being a fan of purple tones, Vintage is one of my favorites of the bunch, and I like that it tends to lean more purple than pink on me. Graphite isn't a shade I'd typically gravitate towards, but I found a good use for it in using it as liner. The blue undertone really suits my brown eyes.

Wearing glo minerals Dove on the lid and Coy through the crease
Wearing Bobbi Brown Cement on the lid and glo minerals Vintage through the crease
The lovely people at glo minerals are offering all of my readers 15% off your purchase on glo minerals' site with code WORK4MAKEUP. I'm really enjoying these single eye shadows, but if I had to recommend something, I would absolutely recommend the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit and their Suede Matte Crayons (reviews here and here). Happy shopping!



Disclosure: The products in this post were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...