7.06.2015

My Favorite Lip Balms

I have chronically dehydrated lips. If there's no product on them, they become parched and uncomfortable in no time at all. While I love wearing lip color, whether it be gloss, tinted balms or lipsticks, sometimes my lips just need some true TLC, and that's where these babies come in.

:: C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm ($7.50)
I've talked about this balm so many times on my blog, but in terms of an overnight lip hydrator, this is the best I've ever used. It's thick, almost goopy, but as a result, it just lasts and lasts. I can always feel it on my lips when I wake up in the morning. I primarily use it at bedtime, but when my lips are ultra chapped, I'll use it during the daytime too, just in smaller amounts, since it's so thick. I've gone through tubes and tubes of it, and you'll never find me without one on hand, with at least one in my back-up stash. There's always a promotion going on for these at Bath & Body Works, so I buy them in multiples. Did I mention it smells and tastes like vanilla cake?

:: Kari Gran Lip Whip in Tinted ($15)
This balm is the newest addition to my stash, thanks to Sephora's "checkout line of doom," but it's quickly proved its worth. Although touted as 'tinted,' it's really more or less clear on the lips. The tinted version I have is peppermint scented, while the original Naked one has a cinnamon scent. The texture is a really unique whipped one, but it still feels quite substantial on the lips. I was afraid it would be too airy and disappear quickly, but it certainly doesn't. It makes my lips feel pillowy soft, incredibly smooth and it lasts quite a long time. It works well enough overnight, but not as well as the one by C.O. Bigelow.

:: Yes to Coconut Cooling Lip Oil ($5)
I purchased this lip oil last year, but it's such a drugstore gem. Despite its name, it isn't oily and has more of a lip gloss consistency, without any stickiness. I was a bit taken aback by how moisturizing it is, and I love using it throughout the day in place of the C.O. Bigelow balm. I like to think of this one as the daytime-friendly version of the My Favorite Night Balm, as it's also supremely hydrating, but not nearly as thick. The coconut scent can only be described as delicious, and the cooling effect is subtle and fleeting.

:: Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss ($3)
Let me just start off by saying that the scent on this one is just something else. It's so yummy! The consistency of this lip butter is a bit different in that it's thicker and waxier than other lip balms, and it tends to feel like it sits on the surface a bit more and takes longer to really soak into the lips. In spite of this, I still find it to be quite moisturizing, although I do have to use it sparingly during the daytime since it tends to leave a white cast on my lips. If a long-wearing lip product ever leaves my lips flaky, this is great at softening everything up so that I can gently exfoliate off the flakes with a toothbrush or lip scrub. It also works well overnight, though again, not as well as the C.O. Bigelow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...