7.20.2015

Just When I Thought I Didn't Need Another BB Cream...

Unlike many beauty bloggers who tend to feel otherwise, I'm actually a fan of BB creams. I think of them as an alternative to tinted moisturizers and enjoy slapping this type of product on during the daytime for an easy dose of hydration, coverage and often times, sun protection. I already have a few BB/CC cream-type products that I like and wasn't really on the market for another, but when the new(ish) L'Occitane Imortelle Precious BB Cream SPF30 found its way into my makeup bag, I obviously had to give it a try. 
L'Occitane Imortelle Precious BB Cream SPF30 ($45) is available in three shades: Fair, Light and Medium. At the time when I received these, I probably matched closest to Light, so as luck would have it, I was sent only Fair and Medium. The former is far too pale and pink for me, and the latter was far too dark. Luckily, after being out in the sun on a few different occasions recently (always wearing SPF, of course!), my complexion got a bit of color, making the Medium shade more workable. If I had to guess, I'd say Medium is about NC30-32ish, which makes me scratch my head, since it's the deepest shade they offer.

I really love that the L'Occitane Imortelle Precious BB Cream SPF30 offers substantial sun protection. It's perfect for daily use in the summertime. The formula itself is neither drying nor hydrating. I apply it with my fingers over moisturized skin, and I prefer this method of application over using a brush or sponge in order to not take away any of the light-medium coverage. Upon initial application, Medium appears to match my now NC27 complexion perfectly, but it oxidizes by the time I'm done with the rest of my makeup and settles into what is more of an NC30-32. It evens out my skin beautifully, and the dewy finish makes me look radiant and glowing. I love the finish. It reminds me a lot of the finish my beloved IT Cosmetics CC+ Creme gives, except this one feels lighter on the skin. I definitely still need concealer on my blemishes, but that is to be expected, considering this is only a BB cream and not a high-coverage foundation. I have to set at least my t-zone with powder, due to the dewier finish, and I find the lasting power to be average - not extraordinary, but definitely not horrible either. The dewiness would perhaps not be best suited for oily skin types, but all others could make it work, I think.

Before (left) and After
Wearing L'Occitane Imortelle Precious BB Cream SPF30 in Medium
Besides my qualms regarding the shades (Why only 3 shade options? Why is the darkest shade only Medium?), my other main concern is the price. At $45 for a 1.3 oz tube, the L'Occitane Imortelle Precious BB Cream SPF30  costs just as much as the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme, although the Dior only contains 1.0 oz of product. I know L'Occitane is a high-end skincare brand; I'm just a tiny bit surprised they would price their BB cream so high, especially since it's their first foray into makeup products.

At the end of the day, I really, really like this BB cream (the finish is beautiful), but I don't love the shade match on me (I hate when products oxidize), and I'm not sure I like it enough to shell out $45 for a tube. I'll just have to enjoy mine while it lasts.



Disclosure: The products in this post were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...