5.04.2015

Beautiful, Silky Hair on a Budget

In the winter months, my scalp often becomes dry and itchy, leading to unsightly flakes that are prominent against my dark hair. My sister suffers from the same issues with an irritated scalp, only year-round, and she swears by Head & Shoulders products. I thought I was quite familiar with the line. It wasn't until I was given this opportunity to try out a few other shampoos and conditioners from their range that I realized they could do much more than simply control flakes.


I tested out the Smooth & Silky Shampoo and Conditioner ($5 each), Green Apple Shampoo and Conditioner ($5 each), as well as the Green Apple 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner ($5). I'm often a fan of fruity scents and believed right off the bat that the Green Apple line would be my favorite, however, after trying them all out, the Smooth & Silky pair was the one to truly impress me.

The Smooth & Silky Shampoo and Conditioner are meant to provide 24-hour frizz control. Although my straight hair isn't overly frizzy, I do tend to experience a bit of frizz after a blow dry if I don't manage it with some sort of styling product, especially since I typically just do a rough dry with my fingers and not a brush. To test out the frizz control claim, I washed my hair with the pair, ditched all styling products and blow dried my hair as usual. The result I achieved was similar to one where I'd used a light smoothing creme of sorts. My hair wasn't weighed down from the shampoo or conditioner at all, yet the finished result was smooth, sleek and surprisingly soft and silky.

The end result, achieved without straighteners, brushes or any styling products.
The first things I noticed about these bottles were the new designs, which are limited edition and available at Target. Since Target just so happens to be my one-stop shop for all things drugstore beauty, I had to mention that now through May 16th, if you purchase three select Head & Shoulders products, you'll receive a $5 Target gift card! If it were me, I'd pick up the Smooth & Silky shampoo and conditioner duo, plus the Green Apple 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner, simply because it's so convenient for travel when decanted into a smaller, TSA-approved bottle.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Head & Shoulders at Target through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Head & Shoulders at Target, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...