4.07.2015

The Lip Liner Comeback

Top to bottom: Rimmel Eastend Snob, Rimmel Natural, Urban Decay Naked2, Prestige Silk, Marc Jacobs Prim(rose)

L to R: Eastend Snob, Natural, Naked2, Silk, Prim(rose)

Lip liners are kind of having a moment right now, aren't they? I used to think lip liner was only needed with bright and bold lip colors, to create a more clean edge and prevent bleeding, but nowadays, it's the more natural, lip-toned shades that catch my eye.

The Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liners ($6) are some of my favorites, and for the price, you really can't go wrong with having a few of these in your collection. I have Eastend Snob, a mauve-pink, and Natural, a tawny pinky-nude. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Naked2 ($20) is a pinky brown that's a few shades darker than Rimmel Natural. Prestige Lipliner in Silk ($5) is a pale, cool-toned pink that isn't as smooth or creamy as the others, but I still reach for it from time to time. Marc Jacobs (P)outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(rose) ($24) is a deep rose that's like a darker version of a my-lips-but-better shade on me. With the exception of Prestige Silk, which is a bit drier of a formula, the others are pigmented, creamy and adhere to the lips without drying them out.

I like wearing these natural lip-toned liners a few ways. Sometimes, I'll line my lips and lightly blend in the color before topping it off with a nude gloss (seen here). I like that it gives my lips more shape and definition than if I were to simply wear the gloss on its own. I also like to fill in my lips with it and apply a similar shade of lipstick on top. Again, the liner adds some definition, but I also like the extra dimension it gives, not to mention the additional lasting power under a lip color with longevity that is otherwise average (seen here). The last way I like to wear these liners is just on their own, by lining the lips and filling them in completely. Prestige Silk is a bit too dry for me to do that with, but the others are great. They're opaque and just creamy enough, and they provide a matte and incredibly long lasting lip color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...