4.19.2015

Cheeky Hourglass Newness

I added a couple newbies from Hourglass to my collection this past week, thanks in part to the Sephora VIB discount that made hefty price tags a bit easier to bear, and I'm smitten. 

Hourglass recently released two shades of their new Ambient Lighting Bronzer ($50), Luminous Bronze Light for lighter complexions, and Radiant Bronze Light for deeper complexions. I was initially wary of these, as I was afraid 1) they'd be too shimmery, and/or 2) they'd be too orange. I eventually bit the bullet and ordered Luminous Bronze Light, which has a bronze shade marbled into their Luminous Ambient Lighting Powder.

The texture of the Ambient Lighting Bronzer is on par with their Ambient Lighting Powders and Ambient Lighting Blushes - smooth, pigmented and blendable. Although it seems quite shimmery when swatched, the sparkle somehow fails to translate onto the cheeks once blended in with a brush (which is a good thing!). The finish can only be described as luminous and glowing, not glittery or overtly shimmery. Luminous Bronze Light is a light-medium, peachy bronze that would best suit light to medium complexions, although it may read a bit orange on the fairest of the fair, I think. I swatched Radiant Bronze Light in-store recently, and it's about 1.5 shades darker than Luminous Bronze Light and more apparently orange in undertone.

Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light Ambient Lighting Bronzer
For the past few weeks or so, I've been lamenting over having missed out on the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette that was a limited edition release for Holiday 2014. The particular shade I was interested in, Incandescent Electra, was only available in the palette...until now. It's been released as a single, and I didn't even think twice before snatching it up.

Incandescent Electra ($35) is a gorgeous marbling of a youthful, yellow-pink with Incandescent Light, an Ambient Lighting Powder shade exclusive to their Ambient Lighting Palette, giving it an overall refined, yet glowing, finish. Prior to this one, Dim Infusion was the only Ambient Lighting Blush I owned, and although I love that one to pieces, none of the other existing five shades stood out to me. Incandescent Electra is a much welcomed addition, especially for spring and summer.


L to R: Bare cheeks // Wearing Luminous Bronze Light // Wearing Luminous Bronze Light + Incandescent Electra
When I was going through the above face shots, I was surprised by how sallow and dead my face looks without bronzer or blush. Keep in mind, I had on a light coverage foundation that day, too. Yikes. I'm someone that needs color added to my complexion to liven it up, and Luminous Bronze Light and Incandescent Electra have been doing a beautiful job at that this week.

Luminous Bronze Light is a perfectly peachy bronze that doesn't pull orange once applied, unless one is very fair, I would presume. It warms up my complexion so naturally without ever looking muddy. Incandescent Electra adds a complexion brightening pop of color that I think would suit a wide variety of skin tones.

L to R: Luminous Bronze Light, Incandescent Electra

Wearing Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light Ambient Lighting Bronzer and Incadescent Electra Ambient Lighting Blush
Both of these are a win, in my book. I love how luminous these are, without being frosty or emphasizing pores. The powders just blend so nicely into the skin. After having swatched the other shade of bronzer, Radiant Bronze Light, I'd recommend perhaps trying that one on before purchasing, simply because it did seem to have a tendency to pull quite orange. But who knows? Luminous Bronze Light was a pleasant surprise for me, so Radiant Bronze Light may very well be one, too, for those with medium and slightly deeper skin tones.

Also, a couple of you have mentioned that you'd be ecstatic to see Hourglass release an Ambient Lighting Bronzer Palette  at some point, and I agree. How awesome would that be?!

Have the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzers caught your eye?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...