3.09.2015

The Best Moisturizer I've Ever Tried?

It would be pretty dramatic to start off a post saying this moisturizer is the best I've ever tried, butttttt the MV Organic Skincare Rose Soothing & Protective Moisturizer is the best moisturizer I've ever tried. The brand had been on my "need-to-try" list for quite some time after reading a few raves here and there, but I hadn't taken the plunge just yet, as the products are only available online and run quite pricey. However, as luck would have it, Karima held an MV Organics Skincare giveaway recently, and that is how yours truly came to be the proud owner of the aforementioned moisturizer.

MV Organic Skincare Rose Soothing & Protective Moisturizer ($135) is unique in that it's meant to be applied very sparingly onto dampened skin. Half a pump is all you need, unless you have oily/combination skin like I do, in which case, it's recommended to mix only a quarter pump with their Rose Hydrating Mist (I use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater instead) to create a light lotion before smoothing it over the skin. 

At first, I wasn't convinced such a tiny amount of product would actually be enough to hydrate my entire face, but much to my surprise, the quarter pump mixed with two pumps of facial spray was enough to smooth across my whole face and neck. The fact that I need so little product per application makes me feel like the price tag isn't as hefty, since one bottle should last quite a long time. It absorbs quickly and though it feels light on the skin (no pore clogging greasiness here), it somehow manages to still pack a punch when it comes to hydration. It preps the skin nicely for makeup, too, because it doesn't sit atop the surface where I'm constantly reminded of its presence, yet I know it's there, simply based on how soft and glowing my complexion looks and feels. Quite frankly, the main reason I love it so much is because my skin feels like silk after applying it. 

This is a moisturizer I could see working well with my skin throughout every season, and I like that I can adjust the hydration level based on how much product I use and how I apply it. As its name suggests, it's incredibly soothing and would work beautifully on most all skin types, including sensitive skin (I swear the eczema on my neck breathes a sigh of relief every time I apply it). Those with very dry skin may find their skin requires something a bit heavier than this. It has a natural, fresh rose scent that isn't overpowering, and it dissipates quickly after application.

I think this may be the start of an expensive skincare obsession...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...