3.29.2015

Clinique Cheek Pops in Heather Pop, Fig Pop, Ginger Pop & Plum Pop

Clinique Cheek Pops ($21) have to be one of my favorite blush formulas. I originally owned only Plum Pop, which I reviewed here, and despite being a powder blush, it's quite different from the other powder blushes on the market. These have medium pigmentation that is very easily buildable to pack a stronger punch, if that's what you're after, and the texture is firm and completely non-powdery. You'll never see any product sitting on top of the skin because it just blends in so incredibly seamlessly, and the finish is like a satin but with a glow. It's not shimmer, but rather a luminosity that you have to see on your skin to truly appreciate.

It took me a surprisingly long time to add another Cheek Pop to my collection, but Ginger Pop eventually found its way in a few weeks ago, and as soon as the eight (!!) new shades were available online at Sephora for VIB Rouge, I made sure to make Heather Pop and Fig Pop mine as well. #noregrets

L to R: Heather Pop, Fig Pop, Ginger Pop, Plum Pop

L to R: Heather PopFig PopGinger PopPlum Pop
Heather Pop is quite similar to Plum Pop, even though they look completely different in their pans. In reality, when worn, Heather Pop is more muted and mauve, whereas Plum Pop is brighter and more cool-toned.

Fig Pop is similar to Ginger Pop (clearly I gravitate towards certain types of shades), but Fig Pop is deeper and a bit more terracotta compared to Ginger Pop, which is lighter and pinker.

All four shades have that gorgeous, luminous sheen that I love about the Cheek Pops that is subtle, yet illuminating. These wear well all day without fading or going patchy, and the formula is a great one for blush newbies because it's easy to control the intensity of the color, and blending is cake.

Wearing Clinique Cheek Pop in Heather Pop

Wearing Clinique Cheek Pop in Fig Pop
I'm elated that Clinique finally added more shades to this range, because the formula was just too good to stop at four. I like the look of Nude Pop and Melon Pop as well, but I think I'll refrain from picking them up until I can swatch them in person as I'm afraid they may be too pale to show up on my complexion, but we'll see. I'd certainly be okay with stopping my collection here as well, simply based on how much I absolutely adore each of the shades I currently own, but you know me - I swear I won't buy something and then it mysteriously shows up either in my bag or on my doorstep somehow. No idea how it happens ;)

Have you tried the Clinique Cheek Pops?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...