3.31.2015

Better Than NARS? Introducing the Glo Minerals Suede Matte Collection

glo minerals released their Suede Matte Collection for Spring 2015 consisting of their new Suede Matte Crayons ($16) and Suede Matte Sticks ($16), each with six shades. Let's see how many times I can say 'suede matte' in one sentence, shall we? I was given the opportunity to test out two of the crayons and one stick, and similarly to my first experience with glo minerals (review here), these left me very impressed.

I have the Suede Matte Crayons in the shades Sorbet, a purple-tinged fuchsia, Bombshell, a classic red, and the Suede Matte Stick in the shade Bliss, a medium, brown-nude with a hint of rose.

L to R: Sorbet, Bombshell, Bliss
As far as I'm aware, the formulas between the crayons and sticks are more or less the same, based on both the descriptions on the glo minerals website and my own personal experiences. These glide onto the lips without tugging or dragging, and they definitely don't lack in the pigmentation department at all. The three shades I have offer saturated color with a velvety, true matte finish that manages to make lips look smooth and plump and never dry or prune-y. They're very comfortable to wear and even offer a bit of hydration too, despite being a matte formulation. The lasting power is truly impressive (I might touch-up just once throughout the day), and they last much longer on me than do the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils (less drying too). These have a light, minty scent that creates a subtle, short-lived cooling effect upon application. I also appreciate that the lids on the Suede Matte Crayons conveniently house sharpeners. The only potential downside is that there is a slightly tacky feeling when I press my lips together, but I personally don't mind too much because I find that it helps aid in longevity.

L to R: Sorbet, Bombshell, Bliss
Of the three I have, Sorbet is by far my favorite. Although I have quite a few bold pinks in my collection, I love its matte finish and the purple-undertone really sets it apart. If you've been wanting to try the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, you may want to take a peek at the glo minerals Suede Matte Collection first. Not only are these a bit more affordable, but they're longer lasting and more comfortable to wear, all with comparable pigmentation and a plush, velvety matte look on the lips.



Disclosure: The products in this post were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...