2.25.2015

The Ultimate Blemish Concealer: BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème

One of my all-time favorite concealers for covering blemishes and other pinpoint concealing is Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. I could do without the dual-shade compact, because although the mix-and-match option seems nice in theory, I've used up one shade at a much faster rate than the other, which is awkward when it comes time to need to repurchase. Unlike creamier concealers that I like to use under my eyes (Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer), Secret Camouflage is thick and very dry, so it lasts all day and then some, and it's perfect for oily skin. However, when my skin is less oily all over and more combination with dry patches, I often wish for something as long lasting as Secret Camouflage, but more hydrating and a bit creamier and easier to spread. That's where BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème ($32) comes into play.

If you were to take Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and mix it with a touch of the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, you'd have the texture of the BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème. It's mostly solid in the pot, but it still manages to maintain its creaminess as well. I apply it to blemishes with a small, flat concealer brush and pat it into the skin with my finger. The warmth from my fingertip helps to blend it in more seamlessly than a brush can. On the skin, it reminds me a lot of the Secret Camouflage in that it's incredibly high coverage and it's just tacky enough that it really adheres to the skin, but unlike Secret Camouflage, it's easier to blend, and its creaminess means that it performs much better on drier patches. Similarly to Secret Camouflage, its lasting power is excellent.

The shade I have is Macadamia, described as a medium beige with yellow golden undertones. It's a bit too dark on my NC23 skin tone, but I can still make it work. The other shade I was considering was Tahini, but when I swatched the two side-by-side in store, Tahini seemed a touch too light for me. Here is Macadamia swatched next to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers in Custard and Honey for reference.

BECCA Macadamia, NARS Custard, NARS Honey
Overall, BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème ($32) is love for me. It's exactly what I wanted Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage to be, especially as my skin isn't quite as oily anymore. It's become my go-to for concealing blemishes and small scars, but the texture is not ideal for concealing larger areas of overall redness or the under-eye area, in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...