2.26.2015

Perfect Hair in Three Bottles? Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo, Conditioner & 5-in-1 Styling Treatment

Until recently, I was never really a "hair person." I washed and conditioned it, sure, but I didn't put much thought into the products I used, and I didn't splurge on hair products the way I often do on makeup. When Living Proof contacted me and asked about my hair concerns so that they could send me a few products to try that were catered to the mop on my head, I was pretty excited. After several weeks of trialing the three products I have, I can honestly say that I'm impressed and would purchase all three.

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day collection of products is aimed to do five things: smooth, volumize, strengthen, condition and polish. The line boasts Living Proof's patented molecule, OFPMA, which is meant to provide a "residue-free, weightless shield" that in the shampoo, repels dirt, keeping hair cleaner for longer. When the shampoo and conditioner are used together, hair is supposed to get healthier over time. I've always washed my hair every other day, as the roots and my face-framing layers get quite greasy by the third day, and the Perfect Hair Day Shampoo ($24 for 8oz) has extended my need to shampoo one extra day. I like that it doesn't leave my hair feeling squeaky clean, often a sign hair was stripped of moisture, and although it is free of sulfates, there is still a little bit of lather for lovers of lather, such as myself. I equally love the Perfect Hair Day Conditioner ($24 for 8oz), too. It has the perfect consistency of an everyday conditioner - not too thick, nor too thin. I only apply it to the bottom half of my hair, and it leaves my hair feeling soft, healthy and tangle-free, but never weighed down.

Considering how much I love the shampoo and conditioner, it came as a surprise to me that I love the Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment ($26 for 4oz) even more. Again, it's meant to smooth, volumize, strengthen, condition and polish, like the rest of the PHD line, but this time, in addition to the OFPMA molecule, it also contains PBAE molecule that provides beefy volume and thickness to the hair. To be honest, the patented molecules sound a bit gimmicky at first, but when the products really deliver, how can you not buy into it, even just a little? I apply a dime to nickel-sized amount to my damp hair, from root to tip, and finger comb it through. A lot of the time, I simply let it air dry after that, but I noticed immediately that my usual air-dried coif became much more polished and less frizzy. When I do blow dry my hair post-treatment (recommended by Living Proof for best results), I get the best blow dry of my life. My hair is perfectly smooth and polished, and I have none of that poofiness I normally get post-blow dry that typically requires some sort of additional product to tame it.

I was wary about the multitude of claims made by the Perfect Hair Day line, but after trying it out for myself, all three products really impressed me. Of the three, the 5-in-1 Styling Treatment is definitely the must-have. I have my eye on their Night Cap Overnight Perfector next...


Bloglovin'. Twitter. Instagram. Facebook.

Disclosure: The products in this post were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...