2.07.2014

Spring Blushing with Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop

When I first saw the promo pictures of Clinique's new Cheek Pop Blushes, I nearly died of cuteness overload. The simple clear compact, the daisy imprint, the four spring-ready shades....you get the drift. It had my name written all over it. When I finally ventured to a Clinique counter to take a glimpse, I decided against going home with either of my obvious favorites (Peach Pop and Ginger Pop) and instead, nabbed the perfect shade to help me transition my blush wardrobe into spring - Plum Pop.
Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop is a bright medium pink with lilac undertones. It has slightly sheerer pigmentation that can be very easily built up, making it effortless to control the degree of intensity when applied. Unlike more highly pigmented blushes (think NARS) that require careful application with the right brush, Plum Pop looks phenomenal even with a slapdash application, and the color can be intensified without ever looking powdery, heavy or built up. Three layers melt into the skin just as invisibly as one layer.

Plum Pop has a satin finish that provides the skin with just a touch of glow without being overtly shimmery. One thing that really surprised me was how beautifully it sits on the skin. Despite my fear of Plum Pop clashing with my warm complexion, I find the cool undertones to be incredibly fresh and brightening, which I attribute in part to its slightly sheer, never chalky finish. The blush's only downfall is that because it has a somewhat harder texture, I can already tell that those with oilier skin may experience issues with their brushes (especially dense ones) depositing oil onto the blush and hardening the surface.

Wearing Plum Pop

Although I'm sure most people will rush to their nearest counter for Peach Pop (and I don't blame them - it's peachy-coral perfection), Plum Pop is my personal pick from the bunch. Why? It's made me a firm believer in the cool pink flush once again. Spring, here I come.

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop is available from Nordstrom for $21.

21 comments:

  1. I just got this one today. I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany,


    What a pretty pink! I love the little nuances in Plum Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that's gorgeous! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for going for plum pop! i swatched ginger pop in store and it actually wasn't as peachy as i expected... peach pop isn't that special either. love how plum pop looks on youuuuu! i would pick this one out of the bunch too except i really need to stop buying blushes for a while.... clinique is really upping their game with makeup lately!

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I can't believe I have to wait till APRIL to get these! I think I might grab a shade that I don't already have a million of as well, so this could be it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible - what a stunning shade and the packaging is fab :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so cute with the flower.


    vhema
    http://reviewingmake-up.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had my eye on these too since seeing the pictures in magazines, I love the plum pop mainly as it has very little shimmer, but my concern was the one you addressed, I suffer from really oily skin and powders looking cakey are a real big issue. May have to go to a counter and has a little test of one before splurging on one. Thank you for the review and honesty. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look gorgeous & make me very excited for Spring

    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww this is so pretty! I think I want the Berry Pop.
    Plum Pop looks very beautiful on you. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the "cool pink flush" for cheeks, so brightening. I saw these blushes on Temptalia and thought they were so cutely packaged. I really like how fresh this shade is, looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These blushes look stunning! I'm dying to swatch! If you want to see some blushes that I keep in my kit I just did a post about it on my blog!

    http://www.beautyandludlow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is wrong if i want all the colors. not even joking. all of them. lol
    i've been hearing SUCH good things about these. /and/ one of the colors is suppose to be very similar to the Dior bagatelle blush for spring. (and its cheaper) so why not get it right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo pretty! I really really need to buy something from clinique soon, I used to be obsessed with their things and want to own everything but I just...didn't get anything in the end! This one is so beautifully done, who can resist the flower print and cute packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so beautiful and fresh on you! I love a cool blush to brighten up. These blushes look so cute! I think you picked a great color :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Plum pop is on my wishlist! Medium pink with lilac undertones? Yes, please! It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great!
    Complement it with an ultra sheer finishing powder to reduce shine on the face and also invisibly matte for a flawless finish like the Nu color from Nu skin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love how it looks on you. The daisy imprint is really cute. I'm waiting for it in the mail, should arrive today. Oh, and it's confirmed we're not getting Black honey eye shadow. We're not getting the Nude palette either :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good color pick! It looks lovely on you. I love pigmented blushes but I also find it refreshing when bold shades like these aren't too pigmented so application is a breeze. Sometimes I don't feel like applying blush carefully, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...