1.15.2014

Top Skincare of 2013

Skincare became a newly found beauty focus of mine in 2013. I went from spending years of depending heavily on Cetaphil and the Shu Uemura Fresh Cleansing Oil and rarely experimented with new skincare brands or products. Within a short year's time, I'm afraid I've actually unleashed some sort of skincare monster ;)
Beautysets - Top Skincare of 2013

(My apologies - Due to some awesome planning on my part, I just positioned the products into the collage so that they all fit; in other words, in no particular order that actually makes sense for the blog post. Yay me!)

It was difficult to narrow down my cleansers to choose a favorite, but in the end, Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel took home the crown. I adore using this luxurious cleanser for my morning cleanse in the cooler months or as a second cleanse at night. To remove my makeup (waterproof mascara included), the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm completely stole my heart. I can't say that I hate that it's more easily accessible and affordable than another popular cleansing balm, yet performs just as well...*cough cough Emma Hardie*.....

Post-cleanse, slapping on some Hydraluron by Indeed Labs under my moisturizer or night cream was, quite literally, a dry skin savior, although I think I might have found a notable contender that's available in the States...stay tuned! Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil was, hands down, my favorite facial oil of 2013. It provides hydration without heaviness, and with long-term use, I'm hopeful it may help lighten some of my scarring and help improve the overall appearance of my skin. The African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm is my pick for best multipurpose balm (heals eczema, fades acne scars, provides intense hydration...need I say more?), and it continues to remain a staple in my routine. The most moisturizing and long lasting overnight lip balm I've ever used? Still C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm. I must be on at least tube #7.

Although the skin around my eyes suffered from some unfortunate hypersentivity reactions this year, thankfully, in the end, it re-warmed up to my second tube of the Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream and it's been smooth sailing ever since. In terms of facial moisturizer, Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate prevailed over the others. Not only was it nourishing and hydrating enough for both morning and night, but I could always rely on it to soothe and never irritate my skin when it was acting out from other products I was testing out. It's like a little best friend that you know will never let you down. I dig it. In terms of facial treatments, I'm not sure I can really talk any more about this product, but the Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask is a complete 100% must-have, I-can't-imagine-my-life-without-you kind of product. Just buy it already.

Lastly, body favorites include the Osmia Organics Body Oils for hydration during the spring through early fall months. My favorite scent that I've tried is Light. In the dead of winter, it doesn't do quite enough for my insufferably dry skin, so I like to either switch it out with Ellovi Butter or best of all, layer Ellovi Butter on top of an Osmia oil. Yum.


34 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing collection of skin care! I am always looking for something for my humm really dry *cough cough mature skin* ;) I have never heard of Osmia products but that mask sounds wonderful to try! Do you know where it could be found in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing your picks. Lots of new things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mask is amazing, Kim! It's only available online (unless you live near their store in Colorado I think) - http://www.osmiaorganics.com/organic-skin-care/face-mask/detox-exfoliating-mask/ I've also reviewed it here if you want more info on it :) http://willworkformakeup.blogspot.com/2013/09/osmia-organics-detox-exfoliating-mask.html It amazing for clearing pores and providing a weekly detox and exfoliation (no surprise there!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Clinique balm is definitely a great no frills option! What are some of your skincare favorites, Tasha? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. La Roche Posay Effaclar duo for sure, Kosmea Rosehip oil and Clarins Gentle exfoliator brightening toner recently!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINE. I'LL BUY IT ALREADY. HAHAHA. :P The mask will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow thanks Tiffany! I will for sure check out your review! I am always looking for new skin care to try for testing and doing a review on. honest (ok I tell hubby that is why so he will buy it for me) :D lol I do love a good mask that isn't over-drying. Ever try Reviva Labs Light Peel? Its an amazing mask!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely going to pick up that Clinique balm one day, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo my favorite lip balm is on here! woot woot! :) Love your picks babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, now I really want to try the Oskia cleanser and your favorite Pai bits! Where do you buy those in the States?

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHH Tiffany thank you SO MUCH for adding my blog to your daily reads in the sidebar... I am soooo honored :D As for skincare - Hooray for Osmia and Embryolisse! I'll have to try the body oil in Light next... I have evergreen and it's amazing for winter but I'll finish it up just in time for springtime and a new scent. I actually just purchased the Embryolisse BB cream, so far so good but I've only worn it once as of now. And of course the Ellovi Butter is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I used to LOVE Effaclar Duo back when my acne was worse than it is now. I still want to try the Clarins toner sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't, but I'll add that to my "need to try" list :) Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Erin! Glad you enjoyed the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exciting! Anything you've been wanting to try in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, I'm so happy the post was helpful/interesting to you, Alison! I'm glad I ended up posting it after all too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so good, Emma! Let me know if you try it out one day. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm obsessed with that lip balm. And thanks, Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ordered the Oskia cleanser from Cult Beauty (http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/oskia-renaissance-cleansing-gel.html) and Pai from their website (http://usa.paiskincare.com/)! Btw, Pai has super fast shipping, especially considering it's coming from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much, Rachel! It was time for a change :) So happy to hear you love the Clinique cleansing balm too. It's such a great product! I hope you can get your hands on the C.O. Bigelow lip balm soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're so welcome, Catherine! I love your blog :) As for the body oils, I also have the evergreen one (Forest, right?) and I love it too. I'm determined tot try all the scents! Haha. I hope you'll review the Embryolisse BB cream once you've tried it out more :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dr.D.M Mahajan is an expert on cosmetic treatment. She is warning against fake acne scars treatment which do more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Tiffany, oh haaai nice new layout! Love the new clean look!


    As you might remember, I am also big on Pai. You have definitely introduced me to stuff over the past year that I'd love to try at some point as well, including Osmia and African Botanics!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, Sunny! It was time for a change :) And yes, you were the reason I originally tried Pai products in the first place, so THANK YOU! You should really give some Osmia and African Botanics products a try sometime. I think you'd like them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. that clinique cleansing balm has been popping up /a lot/ lately and i really love my eyesilix from indeed labs so i think i could go for the hydraluron as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooo, I want to try Eyesilix sometime too, but Indeed Labs is hard to come by over here. You'll have to let me know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://abeautifulzen.blogspot.ca/2013/05/review-indeed-labs-eysilix-eye-cream.html :)!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think 2013 was the year of the skincare discoveries for many of us :)

    I'll write down many of your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oy i need to try some of those :) Been wanting to pick up the clinique balm for ages but ughhh so much stuff to use up first lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay! What were some of your greatest skincare discoveries, Maria? :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This Clinique is so good! I have a lot of other brands and products I want to try too, but like you, I have a lot of stuff I need to use up first!

    ReplyDelete
  32. it is so hard to use things up!!! I don't know how anyone does it lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...