1.17.2014

The Hot Pink to End All Hot Pinks.

I like to dabble in luxury brand lipsticks. Fancy schmancy packaging paired with an often great formula - what's not to like? Ahem, price tag, but nevermind that. I'll typically start off buying one shade that calls to me, just so I can say I've tried the formula, and occasionally, I'll add to the collection if it really impresses me (ie Dior Addict Extreme). In the case of my newest luxe lipstick acquisition, a purchase that was made a bit more bearable thanks to a Sephora VIB coupon, not only is the shade absolutely stunning, but the formula is one of the best I've ever tried. I'll say that again - the formula is one of the best I've ever tried.
Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible

Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible is a bright fuchsia with slight red undertones. It has an incredibly creamy formula that still manages to feel weightless on the lips and is unimaginably moisturizing. My lips continue to feel soft and hydrated even after the color has worn off. It has excellent longevity on the lips and doesn't bleed or feather, although due to its creaminess, it does tend to fade quite a bit after meals. It creates a smooth and plump look to the lips and never settles into lip lines. Its finish has the perfect amount of shine that's soft and natural, not glossy or tacky. Based on formula alone, Fuchsia Irrésistible beats out other hot pink lippie favorites by a long shot, such as MAC Girl About Town, MAC Show Orchid and Revlon Lollipop. And the cool undertone? My whiter teeth thank you.
Swatch above shown in the shade (L) and in direct sunlight

The rest of the products I wore with Fuchsia Irrésisitble today:
I wore Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 3.5, aka the newest addition to my foundation wardrobe, with NYX Taupe Blush as contour, Tarte Exposed Blush and Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight as my highlight. I've been skipping powder lately due to the drier state of my skin, and the radiance and natural dewiness from both the foundation and lack of powder have been making me wonder why I didn't forgo powdering sooner. Love.

On my eyes, I have Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl on my lids, NYX Taupe Blush in the crease, and Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion smudged into the upper lash line.
This may be the start of a dangerous addiction. Don't be surprised if you start seeing posts entitled "The Pinky Beige to End All Pinky Beiges" and "The Orangey Red to End All Orangey Reds," etc. Givenchy Le Rouge - I'm coming for you.

Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible is available from Sephora for $36.

42 comments:

  1. Your teeth look so white! I've never tried a Givenchy lipstick but this one looks gorgeous on you :) What a vivid colour that does look very creamy and moisturising too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it now Tiffany! Looks incredible on you! I have two of these lipsticks already and both are amazing! And the packaging....to die for....

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great color on you! and i never thought to use my blushes and shadows before. which is actually a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful color!!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love your new blog layout! :-)
    This is absolutely gorgeous and the lipstick itself looks amazing.
    I'm so excited to spot many gorgeous hot pink and fuchsia lippies for this spring. Right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this formula SO MUCH. This colour is insane! And right up my alley haha! Maybe I'll get it as a late BD present for myself haha!
    You look AMAZING in bright lipsticks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My god, I've never tried this one but you make me want to RIGHT. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING! I will definitely be checking this one out the next time I'm at Sephora.

    sylvialoveslipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh it looks amazing on you! How i wish i can try more luxurious/high-end makeup brands like Givenchy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo beautiful!! I love the gloss sooo much!! It looks like such a beautiful finish on your lips. I love the packaging too! I need to look into their brand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks beautiful on you! I have never tried anything from Givenchy, but I may have to check out this lipstick

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so good on you, can't wait to hear more about these lippies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't imagine anybody who *wouldn't* love it! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much! I really love it too :) I was expecting the formula to be good, but I was still surprised and impressed by *how* great it was.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Stacey! I agree - the packaging is incredible! What shades do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Jenn! And yeah, NYX Taupe is called a blush, but it's really a contour shade, so it works perfectly in the crease too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much, Lena! It was time for a change, and I really like the simplicity of the new layout :) Have you tried the Le Rouge formula before? If not, you should! And if you like fuchsia lippies, I can't imagine you *not* loving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg, this would look INCREDIBLE on you!! What shades do you have and love? I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Chelsea! This is such an amazing lipstick - the formula AND shade are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should, Sylvia! A lot of the Sephora stores near me don't carry Givenchy, so if yours do, consider yourself lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Sharlynn! It's definitely a pricey lipstick, but it is so worth it. The formula is spectacular and I'm in love with the shade I have :) And you're right - the packaging is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Abby! I don't think I've tried Givenchy before either, but I'm happy I started with their Le Rouge line! They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Emma! I'll definitely be posting about any Le Rouge lippies I get in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This color looks great on you! Le Rouge is one of my favorite formulas - they probably make up at least half of my lipstick collection.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This colour is way too gorgeous! It looks absolutely amazing on you! x


    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is the shade i should've ordered!! so i did the other day lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're so pretty, I'm happy to find your blog. Where are you from? I'm https://www.facebook.com/alluremakeup.il on facebook.
    Xoxo makeup

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know what you mean, Maria! I really dislike makeup counters because I feel as though the SAs are preying on me sometimes, but I ordered this one sight unseen from Sephora after looking up swatches and reviews, and luckily, I LOVE it! I'm sure you'll love yours too once you finally add one to your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, Nicci! I saw some swatches on your blog! I definitely will be going back to that post when I decide to get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much, Rebecca! <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks, Irina! I'm from California :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha now I'm looking forward to "the X to end all X" for like every color ;) Seriously though this is gorgeous, I'm not even a hot pink person, but I'd totally wear it. The finish/hydration for that amt of pigment - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm hoping I remember to wear it tomorrow lol. Ugh i'm so annoyed I forgot to wear it today!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG! I now want this lipstick, too! :) Thanks for sharing! Great blog!

    xx Dianne
    http://diannealejo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...