1.15.2014

Chanel Diapason Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow

I'm one of the few people who never went crazy for Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadows. Sure, Illusoire is a nice sultry, smokey shade, but I always preferred the much more affordable Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow formula over Chanel's. But, when swatches of Chanel's newest releases started circulating the blogosphere, my knees buckled at the sight of one particular shade.

Chanel Diapason is a gorgeous, warm, shimmering deep eggplant with an illuminating, slightly blue-toned sheen. It's no secret I'm a sucker for purples (they're a brown-eyed girl's best friend!), but Diapason's shimmer was so unexpected yet incredibly stunning in Temptalia's review that I succumbed to temptation, despite owning enough purple shadows to last well through my future granddaughters' lifetimes. 


Below, I applied Diapason all over my lid with my ring finger, and I had a bit of Laura Mercier Fresco blended into the crease as well. Applying Diapason with fingers or a fluffy brush yields a sheerer application where the shimmer is less prominent (think more run-of-the-mill purple), whereas patting the shadow on with a flat shader brush allows Diapason to appear more pigmented and multidimensional, similarly to how it does in the swatch. The shadow blends easily either way, has average to good lasting power (I always wear it over primer), and I don't experience any fallout.


If you're a purple shadow fan, I think it would be safe to say you'd probably also be a Diapason fan.

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow in Diapason is available from Nordstrom for $36. 


26 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany, what a gorgeous shade! I really like it on you! I'll have to swatch it to see if it's too red-based for me, but out of the two in this release, Diapason is definitely the one that I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the right aubergine shades and it looks fab on you :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely agree - purple shadow is a brown eyed girls' best friend! this is sooo pretty, i like how it looks sheered out on your lids!! i have been really wanting the laura mercier artist palette for the same reason - the purples in it!! since i can't get that in hong kong i may have to check this illusion d'ombre out instead... :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so beautiful on you! :-)

    xx

    http://sweatyourselfbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous shade. It might be my first Chanel shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arghhh that's such a gorgeous colour!

    I've got 2 Chanel Illusion D'Ombres and I do adore them :)

    xo

    Phoebe

    www.eatliveloverepeat.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shade is gorgeous!! And I love the packaging, so chic :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO PRETTY. But I can't wear these. They last like 3 hours and crease. :( SO SAD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a beautiful color!
    x


    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really beautiful colour! I have the Epatant shade from the initial line up and bring it out for a few runs each year, but I don't wear green eyeshadow all that frequently so might have been better with another shade. Having said that, purple isn't something I wear all too regularly either so perhaps any pretty shade would be fine haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great on you! Such a lovely color! I enjoy wearing purples :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely layout Tiffany. :) That purple shadow is gorgeous; looks just as nice sheered out as it does full-on. I too have brown eyes but rarely dip my toes into purple eyeshadow territory, perhaps I should... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Sunny! It is quite red-toned on me, but hopefully not too much for your taste. It really is a beautiful shade. I much prefer it over the pink shade they released too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'd love this, Rachel! I love that I can sheer it out or wear it more intensely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo, it's gotta be pretty darn special to be the first, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Phoebe! Glad to hear you love the formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! Chanel packaging is always amazing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww :( Even over primer? Sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I love your way of thinking, Emma ;) I have Epatant too and rarely reach for it :-/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Lupe! I think you'd love Diapason then :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much, Michelle! Glad you like the new layout :) You should definitely give purples a go sometime - I bet they'd look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This shadow looks beautiful on you! I love purple shadows too (brown eyed girls gotta love it).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...