1.08.2014

A Whisper of Color from Osmia Organics

I know what you're thinking - This is probably just another lip gloss is a squeezy tube. But, no, it's really not. Osmia Organics, maker of Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair, aka one of my top three lip balms, also makes lip gloss. Considering it's one of my favorite skincare brands (I quite literally love just about everything I've tried from them), I'm not surprised that even their lip gloss is brilliant.

Luster, a deep berry, was the original lip gloss shade released. I'd been meaning to try it for an age, but when Sarah Villafranco, founder of Osmia Organics, hinted that more shades were on their way, I held out for the newest releases: Simmer, a peachy orange, and Whisper, a soft pink.

Straight from the tube, Whisper has a rather thick balm consistency that melts into a softer gloss texture when applied to the lips. As with Luster and Simmer, although the gloss shades appear intimidatingly dark and vibrant in the tube, Osmia's lip glosses are delicately sheer, providing just the right amount of color to liven up the complexion. The comfortable feel of Whisper on my lips is so far from gloss-like; it's supremely moisturizing, light, cushiony and non-sticky, and the soft shine reads healthy rather than makeup-y.


In all honesty, the formula of Osmia's lip glosses is so nourishing that I've come to think of Whisper more as a lip balm than as a gloss. The subtle hint of color is just an added bonus. Lovers of gloss-balm hybrids, such as the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors, would love these.


Osmia Organics Whisper Lip Gloss is available from their website for $18.


Disclosure: This product was sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and based solely on my own experience with the product.

16 comments:

  1. I have the original and now I need this - though I think I might have to grab Simmer. I am a sucker for orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh it sounds so lovely! The subtle hint of colour is very pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really get on with squeezy tubes like that, not sure why though. This colour seems nice and good for throwing on every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lip gloss sounds great to me. Love the sound of its nourishing formula. If only Osmia Organics is easily available at Boots then I'll pick it up without a doubt. Sounds really good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also been really impressed with Osmia, which is the main reason I'm now totally longing to try this. Before trying the brand, I just wasn't that interested in this, because I have a million balm-glosses, but between what I know of the brand and your review, it's definitely on my "to try" list

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Sounds like it's amazing! nest time they have a sale I'll be picking up one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so pretty, gahhh LOL you should not be allowed to show lip products b/c they all look good on you XD wallets cry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems flawless and smooth and moist...everything I really really need! I totally need to buy one of those glosses from clarins this year! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jennie! I love that the formula is just as amazing as the color is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean, Emma. Squeezy tubes kind of remind me of lip glosses I used to use when I was a teenager, and I remember it being messy. The consistency of the Osmia glosses are different though, and it comes out more like a semisolid before it melts onto the lips, so it never smears all over the applicator like those cheapy, oily glosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I know, right? That would be so amazing if they were readily available in stores as well. I don't mind ordering online though, since I love them SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Let me know if you end up trying out any of the lipglosses, Catherine! I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three shades. I think you'll love the formula too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I think I'll pick up Simmer next time they have a sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, thank you SO MUCH, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are good too....I just hate their sponge applicator for some reason :-/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...