12.12.2013

MAC Viva Glam I

Aside from the occasional products I specifically ask for, my friends and family don't often gift me makeup anymore. It probably has a bit to do with not knowing much about makeup and a bit to do with believing I couldn't possibly need more makeup anyway that they'll just get me something else completely. With that said, you can imagine my elation when my friend, Rhea, gifted me a MAC lipstick, not only in a shade I didn't already own, but a shade I've been contemplating adding to my collection for eons.

MAC Viva Glam I is a deep red with cool undertones. Despite its matte formulation, it actually has a bit of sheen that I would equate more with a semi-matte finish. As a result of this faux matte formula of sorts, Viva Glam I isn't nearly as drying as some other matte lipsticks, and I found that my lips still felt quite comfortable hours later. And it lasts beautifully, only really budging after eating.


Viva Glam I strikes me as a sophisticated and chic red that screams confidence, and it truly is a one-red-suits-most kinda shade. Sure, when worn with the wrong look it carries the potential to be aging, but when paired with fresh skin and simple eyes, this deepened red will take you places, ladies.

24 comments:

  1. That's pretty! Viva Glam always comes out with some stand-out colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no one gives me makeup either. lol. well, mr. bunny put some drugstore stuff in my stocking last year that i was eying when we were grocery shopping once lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great red lipstick! This one I do have and totally agree, if not worn right can make you look a bit old! You certainly did your makeup right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you! I'm finding that most reds REALLY age me now. I can't wear most anymore, which makes me sad so I'll just admire them on all you young 'uns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful colour, it really suits you! I love your hair, it always look super healthy & shiny <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shade looks gorgeous on you!
    No one gives me makeup either because by the time, they find out that I want something, I'd probably already have it.

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your white leather couch! i'd be so scared to have white furniture in the house.
    oh...love the red lipstick too :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful color!!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this shade too, and I never wear it! Need to bust it out for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kisti! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jennie! My hair feels so much healthier after getting it cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahah, same here! And thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! The couch is my mom's :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such a great holiday shade!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the shade!!Perfect for the holidays I think(:
    It looks great on you^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, so cute! I really like the BB cuticle butter, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! I always forget to use it!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...