12.11.2013

Five Product Makeup.

The Five Product Makeup tag has to be one of my favorites ever. I love seeing which five product types people deem to be their "necessities," and I was excited to get to work after being tagged by Kelly from A Blog of Vain Pleasures. (By the way, Kelly's blog should really have more followers. It's AMAZING.)

When I first did this tag a few years ago, my main goal was to find a few multitasking products so that my chosen five products could function more as six or seven. This time around, I decided to challenge myself a bit more and steer clear of my Stila Covertible Colors and the like, and dip my toes outside my comfort zone by only using each product for one purpose. I wanted to see if I could put together a cohesive look that actually looked like it only required five products.

My absolute makeup necessities are brows, mascara and concealer, so Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Stone Gray, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard were immediately added to the pile. The last two products took a bit more umming and ahhing. I opted for Chanel Les Beiges in 30 over blush or traditional bronzer and used it to warm up my complexion, and in anticipation of a relatively simple and subdued face, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella was added to the mix as the focus of the look.


Although it felt a bit odd for me to avoid powdering my t-zone, I actually quite like how dewy my skin turned out. If I could add two more things to this look, it would definitely be winged liner and a touch of highlight on my cheeks and in the inner corner of my eyes, but alas, the Seven Product Makeup is not a tag.

30 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Tiffany. I love this. Cruella looks amazing on you. It's one of the NARS lip pencil shades I am dying to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW now THAT'S a red lipstick! Amazing! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great, Tiffany :-) That red lipstick looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great red!!!!! LOVE. And seeing your mascara rec in action has convinced me to pick it up along with the Clinique cleansing balm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your attempt at the 5 product makeup! i really like that you opted for a red lip as 1 of the 5... whenever i try to narrow down products i use i tend to get less adventurous and end up with boring good ol' faithfuls haha :) and i kind of like the no powder finish on you too :)


    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you have definitely showed me that a 5-product face doesn't have to be "everyday!" That is such a stunning lip shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a far job! And Cruella looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! That red lipstick looks bomb on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um...that red lip is stunnninnggg on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorge x

    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely look, basic and bold, you wear it very well! I totally need to do this tag, I wonder what I'll come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lipstick looks fantastic on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute look! I'm noticing more people drawing over their cupid's bows, and I've been wanting to do it myself. It seems to be a thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would look amazing on you, Kelly! And thanks again for the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Liz! And these photos totally do not do the mascara justice. It makes my lashes look so good in real life. I'm so glad you're getting the Clinique balm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Rachel! I know what you mean. The first thing I think of when I think of 5 product makeup is super simple and natural makeup, so I wanted to switch it up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Sunny! I was trying to steer away from a super natural 5 product face, which is what I normally would have gone for. I like how this turned out though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this 5 product face. it pulls together really well w/o having to use too many things. perfect for quick make up:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much! I like it a lot too. I think it would look great on just about anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, please do, Sharlynn! I'd love to see it :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Sarah! Yeah, I do the cupid's bow thing sometimes. Supposedly, it makes your upper lip look fuller. I think it looks okay in some angles, but somewhat obvious on me in other angles. I guess it just depends on your lip shape! I hope it works well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Jenn! It was just weird because I'm used to going heavier on my eyes and more natural on my lips, and this was completely opposite! I like how it turned out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Narrowing a look down to only five products is definitely a challenge, but I love what you picked! You totally rock that red lip pencil :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...