12.03.2013

Bedtime Essentials.

I'm simple when it comes to my bedtime ritual. The only two things I'm after are calm and intense hydration.

I like drinking an extra hot, non-caffeinated tea before bed, and lately, I've been favoring the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea from Celestial Seasonings. It's warm, soothing, and helps prepare me for my slumber.

The hydration requirement is a bit more involved. I slather on a healthy dose of L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, and about twice a week, I'll use the Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil for good measure. I'm liberal with my hand cream, possibly to a fault, but my skin just drinks it up. I blame it on the constant hand washing. If my elbows or knees are feeling particularly dry or flaky, I'll massage in a small amount of the African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm. This stuff cures dry patches infinitely better than any ol' body butter. Trust.

My lips have been loving the Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair lately (can be purchased here), so I drown my lips in it while I'm lounging in bed, winding down from the day and watching Youtube videos on my iPad. It softens and moisturizes my kissers without feeling heavy or waxy. Immediately before bed, I apply a longtime favorite, C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm. It's still the best overnight lip balm I've tried to date. I've lost count of how many tubes I've gone through.


What are some of your bedtime essentials?



Disclosure: The Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair was sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and based solely on my own experience with the product.

25 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your coffee mug. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I use the Bigelow night time lip balm sometimes too! I alternate with Nuxe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that candle! and the mustache cup (?) behind looks so cute! that tea sounds amazing... i wish i could get my hands on it here in hong kong! love your bedtime routine... i may need to look into the c.o. bigelow night balm!

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interested in trying a marula product! I also love tea before bed, especially peppermint or Celestial Sleepytime haha.

    atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink Sleepytime from Celestial Seasonings! Sometimes the throat-soothing version, but not Sleepytime Extra. I react REALLY well to valerian. The couple of times I accidentally drank the fiance's Sleepytime Extra, I was out for 12 hours and had real problems waking up! Other than that, lip balm and hand cream are my musts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about that tea made my mouth water, seems so perfect for the holiday season!

    isoldeculture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES yes yes, a thousand times YES on the Osmia lip balm. I love that stuff. As in I am IN love with that stuff. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice list. I need to try that lip balm, my lips are so chapped right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that Marula Oil, it sounds divine! How good does that Deborah Lippmann oil smell :-) I also use the Osmia Lip Balm, Weleda Skin Food allllll over, Argan Oil 'for good measure' and my humidifier
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tea flavour sounds amazing, we really miss out on stuff like that here in Australia >< I've been having mint tea before bed and using my L'Occitane Lavande cologne liberally - heaven

    ReplyDelete
  11. i use to poo-poo non-caffinated tea but then i discovered a few yummy ones from DavidsTea and have since changed my mind. sugar cookie sleigh ride, what a name! it sounds lovely and like a dream

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Carolyn! I got it as a gift, but it was part of the Valentine's Day collection at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! NUXE makes my lips peel :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Rachel! I got the C.O. Bigelow balm at Bath and Body Works over here. Not sure where it would be available in Hong Kong though :-/ And yes, it's a mustache cup, haha. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never used to be a tea drinker, but I've been all about it in recent months! I should try a good peppermint one next :) And the Marula balm is a must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like we have some similar bedtime essentials! I should try that Sleepytime tea (I'll be sure to steer clear of Sleepytime Extra though, haha!). It sounds so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree! I love some of these limited edition holiday flavors they're coming out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it too! I wish the pot was bigger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Natalie! The lip balm is so, so good! It's probably one of Osmia's best products, in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yesss, the cuticle oil smells so yummy! I should try some Weleda products soon. I've been meaning to for a while now. I also want to start using a humidifier to see if it helps with my dry, winter skin! And I think you'd love the Marula balm, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo, I should take a whiff of the Lavande cologne next time I'm in L'Occitane. Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bahaha, your comment made me laugh :P I've been hearing a lot about Davids Tea lately...I'm definitely interested in trying it sometime. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. turning to Amazon - the provider of literally everything lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...