11.16.2013

Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder.

The beautiful Jessica from Jessica Beautician recently offered to pick up the Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder for me after my many sad, failed attempts at locating it online. What drew me in to this powder, despite already owning enough powders to last me a lifetime and then some, is the classic, vintage packaging, complete with french writing I don't understand in the slightest, but it sure looks nice!

The Java Rice Loose Powder is Bourjois' current take on an old cult classic. It's a fairly heavily scented pale pink loose powder with shimmer. The powder itself is extremely light and finely milled and sets makeup beautifully and delicately without looking cakey or heavy. Once blended into the skin, the pink-toned powder has an overall translucent effect on the skin and would likely suit fair to light-medium skin tones best. I fear it could start to turn ashy on darker skin tones.

Swatched heavily

Although the shimmer is quite evident when looking at the powder in the pot, when applied lightly and blended well, I find that the shimmer allows the powder to provide the skin with a radiant, illuminated finish, rather than a sparkley or glittery one. In my opinion, the effect of the powder is much too sheer and subtle to serve as an effective highlighting powder, even when applied with a denser brush.


I like to use the Java Rice Loose Powder to set my makeup, and it also works brilliantly to set under-eye concealer due to its soft and light texture. Although it doesn't claim to, it seems to offer fair oil-control in my t-zone as well, which is an added bonus. Overall, the ultra-light and semi-matte, yet radiant, effect the Java Rice Loose Powder has on my complexion has impressed me, earning it a spot in my daily makeup rotation for the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, the Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder is not easily attainable in the US at present time, but I would recommend checking Asos often in case they start stocking it!

24 comments:

  1. This seems to be sold out everywhere in Sydney so I have resorted to constantly checking Asos. I think the main reason I want it is the packaging...

    Laura | White Winters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, whenever Bourjois products are featured on blogs, they look amazing. But whenever I visit a counter, I feel all cold and uninspired. I did look for this powder but I think it's one of those across-the-pond items. Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice. I like the packaging. I generally love rose scents but I don't know if I'd like a rose scented powder xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS. It's looks so PRETTY!!! I need this one I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get a hold of this for so long but for some reason I put it off every time I find one!! Love the post :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo; I really want to try this powder. It's nice to know how it's nice for oil control, too.

    x Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, bummer, really? Bourjois products always seem so exciting to me....I wonder if I'd feel the same as you if I had access to a counter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Coco! I like the packaging too. I can't really pinpoint the scent....I don't think it's rose though? It's powdery and sweet. I wish it wasn't so strong, to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have good luck being able to find it, even if you didn't buy one. A few people have been telling me they've had a difficult time tracking one down! Glad you enjoyed the post, Chloe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to track down this product in the US, too, and it is near impossible. I'm considering having my friend pick this up to me when she goes back to France for the holidays. Thanks for sharing your review. Bummed it's not accessible in the US.

    xx Lauren // Dirty Blonde Ambition

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try this powder! I keep looking online, but so far haven't had any luck, not even on amazon (gasp!) Will continue stalking Asos... I really wish it was easier to find Bourjois in the US :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. the packaging is so adorable, and the product looks really amazing!


    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, sorry, Lauren. It's so annoying when great products aren't easily accessible :-/ I hope your friend can track one down for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't find it anywhere either! :( A reader told me that she thinks the powder might be LE and it's even becoming difficult to track down in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you like the look of it, Rebecca! I love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to give this a try, it sounds lovely! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the adorable packaging. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah so glad you love, it's such a beaut, non?! If it turns out to be LE, just give me a shout and I'll send over a bunch of back ups ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, thanks for the offer, Jessica! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yup, I was surprised myself because I wasn't expecting it to control oils at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The packaging is just so chic and lovely, right? Love. Hope you can find one soon, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi :) Is the "sifter" part removable? The packaging's oh-so-adorable and it would be nice to refill this with other powders once it's finished...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not sure if it is...I don't think so though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...