10.26.2013

The Quintessential Autumn Polish.

In terms of nail color, I seem to back away from the neons and pastels a bit and gravitate more towards warm and rich burgundies, wines and maroons in the fall and winter. Luckily for me, I've discovered the quintessential autumn polish.

The beauty in question is Formula X by Sephora in Infinite, described by Sephora as an aubergine pearl. It's a rich aubergine with red shimmer heavily laced throughout it that in some lights, it makes the polish appear more maroon or wine. 

In reality, what drew me to this shade, despite my eyes and senses being bombarded with what seemed like hundreds of brand new shades from Sephora's new line, was how similar it was to the types of warm burgundy and maroon shades I like to wear in the colder months, but at the same time, how the obvious purple base really set it apart from others I already had in my collection.


In these next two photos, Infinite looks noticeably red when the natural sunlight is shining directly on it.

Infinite looks most true to color in these last photos, both in the bottle and on my nails.

As for the formula, my expectations were set high, especially as Sephora claims that Formula X boasts "invincible wear, incredible saturated color, and ultimate shine." The Sephora SA even told me that she felt the formula was just as good as gel nails.

My experience? I applied it over my usual base (OPI Nail Envy) and topped off two coats of Infinite with my usual top coat (CND Super-Shiney High Gloss Top Coat), and by day 3, several of my nails had significant chips. In terms of application, however, the formula was great and achieved flawless coverage and decent shine in two thin coats.

Despite the obvious shortcoming, the shade is so stunning that I'm prepping my nails for a fresh application as we speak. Hopefully, this time, I'll be rewarded with a more impressive wear time.


Formula X by Sephora in Infinite is available at Sephora for $10.50.

36 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,


    What a gorgeous purple red! The color is stunning --- hopefully you'll get a better wear the second time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you chose such a gorgeous shade! I'm in love with plums and burgundy shades for the season and this one hits the spot! The finish is intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect fall nail shade! Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the shade looks absolute gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was super excited to hear the claims about this nail polish but hearing what you said about it chipping in 3 days, that was a really big let down :( Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...this color looks amazing on your nails..such a shame that it chipped within a couple of days...nevertheless, still so pretty for fall..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a tremendous shade.. perfect for fall. I tend to stay away from pastel shades too.. rich colours are the ones for me :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous on you, Tiffany! And so perfect for the fall and winter season. I have been interested in checking out the new Formula X nail polish line from Sephora. I have to stop by my nearby Sephora ASAP to take a look at the many shades they have available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have very similar shade from Barry M :) Love this colour for autumn:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shade and finish is effortlessly amazing! I used to wear a super similar one from Skin food, a metallic deep burnt ruby with super fine multi colored shimmer! So nice for fall or all year if you're into dark nails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such a beautiful color!! Love it! Will have to keep this one in mind for VIB sale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I have to have this! Definitely will be a great shade for fall/winter.
    xxx

    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shade is perfect for autumn, it's a shame it's not so long lasting :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a gorgeous shade! Your nails are also so nicely shaped, would love to see a post on your nail care.

    http://sylvialoveslipstick.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous shade! I love it. I will definitely be picking up a shade soon. Seeing all of them was definitely a tad overwhelming though they were very impressive visually. Well 3 days wear is better than Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Dovey! I'm hoping so too. The color is just too beautiful to not use!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Teri! Glad you like Infinite too. The shade really is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was a bit let down as well....I'm hoping it was just a fluke and that it'll wear longer this time around! I love the color too much to give up on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much! I'm hoping it lasts longer on my nails this time, because the color is just perfection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You definitely should, Alina! There were SO many shades! Very exciting and overwhelming at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Barry M seems to make a lot of great nail polishes! You guys are lucky you have access to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo, that sounds beautiful, Sharlynn!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let me know if you end up getting it! There's so many other beautiful shades from the line too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you like it too, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It really is the perfect shade for this time of year! Let me know what you think if you end up trying it out, Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree...that's its one downfall. I'm hoping it lasts longer this time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've actually been working on that post...should be up soon-ish :) And thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha, that's what I hear! I still have never tried a Chanel polish myself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This color is stunning on you! The wine/cranberry is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, Natalie! It such a beautiful shade!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...