9.23.2013

The First Berry This Fall.

Happy Fall, everyone! Berry tones always seems to run rampant this time of year, and it seems the trend won't be fading out any time soon. Bobbi Brown Berry is a newly released, limited edition blush for fall. And ladies, she's a beaut.

Berry is a bright, slightly rusty red wine with pigmentation that is hard to match. It's both a breathtakingly beautiful and frightening shade all in one. My usual go-to bright, scary blush application technique of a single light tap of my blush brush into the pan, then removing most of the product onto the back of my hand, still yields far too much product for one application. Between you and me, I definitely suffered from some serious clown cheeks after my initial attempt. 

Since then, I've learned that a lighter than light tap into the pan is absolutely necessary, and fluffing your brush onto the back of your hand until you feel as though there is no possible way there could be any product left on the brush before applying is also absolutely necessary. Trust me. I also tend to go back in with my powder brush and blend around the edges, just for good measure. Yes, I'll admit the application takes a bit of patience and practice, but once you get it right, Berry makes is so worth it. Considering its intense pigmentation, it blends quite smoothly, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it lasts all day and then some.


When applied in extreme moderation and blended seamlessly, Berry offers a bright and youthful flush of color with a richness that helps transition your look into the cooler months. 

Berry makes it easy to create a cheek that is the star of any look, if you so please; however, I chose to pair it below with a warm, bronze eye and sheer, berry lips, and I thought it complemented the subtle fall-hues perfectly.

And just in case, like me, you thought Berry might be a NARS Mounia dupe....it's not. Sorry, ladies. Mounia on the left; Berry on the right. Granted, the lighting is terrible and neither swatch is completely true to color, but I think you get the idea. Mounia is more subdued, while Berry is far brighter and more red.

Bottom line: If you're a fellow berry fan (holla!) and willing to spend the time to master the application, Berry is a must-have. If you're a swipe-and-go kinda girl, skip it.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry is available from Sephora for $26.

39 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany, Berry looks great on you! It does seem super duper pigmented, and I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to super pigmented blushes. Still, I'd love to give it a swatch when I have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it looks like such a stunning shade, perfect for autumn <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color for fall! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jessica
    www.thewaytomyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY!! I love it on you! I haven't tried much Bobbi Brown, but I think I need to take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Berry is stunning on you! I can totally see why you're a fan! Such a gorgeous shade for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berry looks as red as some of my true reds! LOVE. The intensity is scary but so fun at the same time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks beautiful on you - I love the make up you chose to pair it with xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful color!
    x


    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have something similar and i just never go for it. it looks so great on you but somehow i just look like i have two dark splotches on my skin when i use darker blushes. i guess i haven't really learned to blend them out well enough or maybe i'm just not use to how 'rosy' they make me look. must retry this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow gorg! i saw this in person but didnt swatch it bc it seemed so dark. Mounia looks so diff in the swatch @.@

    ReplyDelete
  11. Berry is SHOUTING my name! It looks absolutely gorgeous and I must get it. I'm a sucker for shades like this. BEAUTIFUL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shade on you!! Thanks for sharing


    xx Lauren
    Dirty Blonde Ambition

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning color, I would have never thought to try a berry blush.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lip color in the bronze look is super pretty. Mind if I ask what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This blush looks gorgeous on you! I usually shy away from bright blushes like this one, because even my light hand is apparently too heavy. I'll have to try your technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looking for label makeup brushes, where can I get a deal on them? http://www.crownbrush.usprivate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Sunny! Berry might not be the best blush to start off with if you're still weary about super pigmented blushes just because it's SO pigmented and bright, but I'd definitely still recommend giving it a swatch if you can. You never know!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Tracy! I actually don't have any other Bobbi Brown blushes (I've heard the shades can be hit or miss), but I'm loving Berry because it's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Annick! Berry definitely screams fall and winter to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree! I really have to me in the mood to work for my blush when I reach for it though, haha. What are some of your favorite super bright blushes, Liz? I remember you showed an red Estee Lauder one on your blog once, no?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Let me know how it goes, Jenn! I know what you mean though - I think that's one of the reasons why I tend to shy away from the brighter shades too. I'm determined to use them more now though! I think it just takes some experimenting with the right brush and application technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's crazy dark but blends out really well if you use a ridiculously small amount! And Mounia probably just looks different because of the lighting :-/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It would look AMAZING on you, Lily!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, Erin! What types of blush shades do you tend to go for in the cooler months?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much! It's the Jordana balm stain in the shade Honeylove....mainly just the stain left behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Let me know how it goes, Marianna! I hope it works out for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty deep berry shade! I used to have Pomegranate from Sleek and it looks sooo similar! I recently broke it so I need to repurchase it soon! I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chanel Joues Contraste in Rouge is the ultimate, Tarte Natural Beauty is another but I stupidly got rid of it, and MUFE #99 is crazy pigmented. I want NARS Exhibit A next. :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This shade looks beautiful on you! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww, bummer! At least it's not a super expensive one, right? I remember seeing that one pop up on some blogs and thinking it looked really pretty! No wonder you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW pretty!! Question...how come you always take your portraits in the car? :P

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...