9.29.2013

A Recent Skincare Disappointment.

I love La Roche-Posay. I really do. Their Effaclar Serum is an effective, yet gentle, chemical exfoliant, and the Effaclar Duo helped save my acne-ridden skin a few years back. With that said, you can imagine how much it pains me to write a less than favorable review of a LRP product, let alone a much beloved one.

I wanted to love it, you guys. I swear, I did. But, alas, La Roche-Posay Serozinc failed to impress me.

Serozinc is, essentially, a glorified facial water spray. I was so eager to try it that I had it imported from Belgium, via my mom who was on vacation at the time. It contains water (duh!), sodium chloride and zinc sulfate. The zinc is meant to be soothing and purifying, and many a blogger have claimed that it's helped clear up their acne. Unfortunately, for me, it did absolutely nothing except wet my face, which, as we all know, so can good ol' H20.


I've been using it both morning and night for the past two months or so, spritzing it directly onto my face after cleansing (after toner at night) but before moisturizer. I feel as though I've given it more than enough time to work its magic, and I've yet to notice any difference it's made in my skin. Despite doing absolutely nothing for me, I'll enjoy using it up as it feels quite cooling and refreshing on the skin, and the aerosol spray nozzle is incredibly effective, creating an overpriced, even mist of glorified water. The one use I have for it, personally, is spritizing it on before applying my Osmia Organics Facial Calibration Serum, simply because it requires damp skin for application. 

Other than that, you let me down, LRP. You let me down real bad.

25 comments:

  1. I've tried a couple of LRP products including the effaclar duo, effaclar serum (love it thanks for your recommendation), effaclar matte, and toleriane dermo cleanser. I haven't been disappointed yet. Too bad this one didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a disappointment! I am curious about this, but I won't go through the trouble of getting it when there are so many sprays to use from around here haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This review is pretty humorous to me because I just bought this in Paris as a total MUST on my to-buy shopping list. I was using it during my time overseas but I really don't know how much different it is to my Avene Thermal Spring Water. Like yes, it has two extra things in it, but seriously ... how potent could they be? I don't know if it's just wishful thinking/placebo effect but I guess I like it? I can totally see how you would think it's just a glorified water spray though - just like my beloved Avene which professes to be nothing else :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so sad this didn't work out for you! I've personally noticed it's kept blemishes and redness at bay for me, but everyone's different - Goat Milk Cream though, now THAT is FAB! x

    P.s Saw your tweet about the Bourjois Rice Powder - if you struggle to get it over there, I'd be more than happy to send one over - lemme know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm so sorry this didn't work well for you! I've heard great things about this one, but I haven't purchased so far because Effaclar K/Duo work well enough for me. Essentially I think most facial sprays are over-glorified, but that could be my bias!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a shame! I really want to try this, as well, but perhaps I'll ponder for a bit longer.


    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha you are hilarious haha. Too bad! But I guess there's bound to be something at some point that doesn't work from LRP-thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I was just waiting for a negative review of this stuff, and I am glad to have held off purchasing, but I did expect to see one eventually. Such a shame as a LRP fan though x


    http://www.thelibrarian.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to get this one. But after reading about your experience I might give it a pass. It's bad that this was a disappointment for you. But yea that is how we all learn. xx


    Happy Locks

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm i dont know how i feel about facial water sprays in general.. part of me is slightly appalled we're capitalizing on an already depleting water supply for such a superficial use...the other part of me can't believe ppl pay so much to spray water on their face...just me though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're loving everything you've tried from LRP so far, Tasia! I love most of their products as well. Luckily, it's rare that I try a product from them that doesn't live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I definitely can't recommend it. I just don't think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, bummer! Were you able to try hers to see if it would work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Placebo effect or not, I'm glad you like it! I will say that I think the spray is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, it's so hard buying things off of recommendations when everyone's skin reacts differently to different products. At least it didn't break me out or anything, haha! So happy you love the Goat Milk Cream, Jessica! And thank you again for sending me the Bourjois powder. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I kind of think the same thing, Sunny! (And yet, I still bought this one :P)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You might like it, Lillian! A lot of people seem to :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. No problem, Tracy! I still love LRP :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup, I've had breakouts during the time I was using this and it did nothing for me still. Glad you like it though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most people seem to love it though, Georgina, so you may too! Don't let my less than positive experience with it stop you from trying it if you really want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree. Everyone's skin (and expectations from a product) is different too. This is definitely not the first product that came highly praised that left me feeling underwhelmed :-/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Right?! But then again, I fell for it :P I completely understand what you're saying though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My cousin got me this recently when she went to Europe and i had never even heard of it. Now i keep seeing reviews of it popping up, haven't tried it yet! When i received it though, i had no idea what it was meant to do LOL

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...