9.17.2013

A daytime red from the drugstore.

After realizing how brilliant Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Pink Lust is, I was desperate to add at least one more Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour to my collection. I settled on the red in the range, called Sheer Rouge.

Sheer Rouge is a sheer (surprise, surprise!), juicy red with slightly pink undertones. To be honest, I was hoping it would be more of a true, bright cherry red thank a pink-toned one, but we can't win 'em all, can we? Like Sheer Pink Lust, the formula glides on like a lip balm and moisturizes like one too. The pigmentation can be built up to about medium opacity, and though there is a bit of slip to the formula, it's not so much so that the lipstick ends up all over your face after a few minutes. 


My only qualm about Sheer Rouge is the lasting power. Without eating or drinking, I noticed the color faded significantly after only an hour or two, although my lips still felt hydrated long after the color had disappeared.

Regardless of this downfall, I think Sheer Rouge would make a great, pocket-friendly, on-the-go daytime red lip option, particularly for those who aren't bothered by the need for reapplication. It's easy to apply (doesn't require a mirror), incredibly moisturizing and offers just enough red to spice up a daytime look without going overboard. 

*tosses into handbag*

Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Rouge is available at Target for $10.99.

30 comments:

  1. cute color!
    x


    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this one is SO juicy! It's GORGEOUS on you, Tiffany! What a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty color and goes really well with the eye makeup you did!


    http://berry-mix.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome! The Sonia Kashuk shelves at the nearest Target is always completely ravaged, so I doubt that I can find this now, but I'll have to keep an eye out. Sounds like a good everyday product that can actually be used up due to continual reapplication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like this! Never heard of the brand before. x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color! Looks nice on you!:)

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think stores should be allowed to open if they don't have the stock they're purporting to sell, lol. (It was nice and full at first, then people went wild, and it's been crap ever since.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it creamy? Amazing color. Too bad that the color isn't long lasting.

    :X

    http://bestmakeupbrushesguide.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. another great wearable red from the drugstore that i love is loreal color riche lipstick in fresh as a rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read so much about Sonia Kashuk - and most of it good! I'll put it on my US shopping list for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the sheerness is so lovely! i can definetly see some of my friends going for this. sheery-glossier lippies make brighter colors more safe for those starting out w/ beauty products!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! I usually like pairing brighter lip shades with simple winged liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer! That sounds annoying. Hopefully they restock soon, otherwise, what's the point of even offering SK there?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz, you should've "battled" for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I could definitely see that! It definitely has a similar, sheer and shiny texture like the Dior Addicts :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's only sold at Target stores!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Tracy! That definitely sounds super frustrating though, although I'm glad you were able to find two of them! I hope you're liking them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not exactly creamy since it's more sheer, but it's still a great product :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Lily! And yes, that's so annoying! You know, my mom has the worst luck with products getting discontinued. It seems everything she likes is gone by the time she needs to repurchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, nice! I'll have to check that one out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely do, Vita! They have some really great products :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree, Jenn! Bright lips don't seem so scary anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. *tosses into handbag* haha :D I absolutely adore sheer glossy reds... they're just so easy! I kind of want to order this.. right now

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would have but was too late and it's been post-war status ever since LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. :D You should definitely give it a try, Catherine! I have another shade called Sheer Pink Lust and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...