8.18.2013

Incoco Nail Polish Appliqué: No Drying Time Necessary.

If you're anything like me, you tend to spend all day considering whether or not you want to paint your nails (but never actually get to doing it), and then right as you're getting ready for bed, you're like, "You know what? Imma paint my nails right now." And between dozing off between coats and waking up the next morning with dreaded "sheet marks," it never seems to end well, and yet, it happens time and time again. When will we ever learn?

Luckily, there are now ways for me to have my cake and eat it too.

The Incoco Nail Polish Appliqués are strips of real nail polish that adhere to your nails and require absolutely no drying time. They don't require a base coat or top coat (they already have a shiny finish), and once they're on, they're on, and you're free to go about your day as usual without having to spend the next half hour flapping your hands in the air, unable to button your jeans, asking your boyfriend to grab something out of your purse for you, all out of fear of ruining your hard work. Better yet, I can apply them right before bed and be assured that when I wake up, they'll still look perfect.

Blazing Pink (L) and La Rambla

Each set comes with 16 appliqués, so if you mess up a few times, you'll have extras, but there won't be enough for two uses.

I appreciate that the instructions are simple and easy to follow. One qualm, however, is that when I file off the excess (step 5), it often leaves the tips a bit rough to the touch and not completely smooth the way actual painted on polish looks. 

The shade I'm wearing below is called Tapas for Two, and it's a striking seafoam green.

The appliqués, though opaque, are not as thick as my usual two coats of polish, and when I look closely, my nail ridges are still slightly visible through the appliqués. Incoco recommends you buff your nails prior to applying the appliqués, but I didn't since I didn't want to ruin my nails. Another thing to note is that since the appliqués are somewhat rounded on both ends, they won't fit perfectly at the base of your nail if your nail tends to be shaped more squarely.

Compared to normal painted on nail polish, I noticed more tip wear with the Incoco appliqués, whereas normal polish tends to chip off in larger chunks on my nails. Although they definitely did not last perfectly for 14 days, they definitely looked presentable for a few days longer (around 7 days total) than the average polish does on me. As far as removal is concerned, since they're made from real nail polish, normal nail polish remover works just fine. 

Overall, I think the Incoco Nail Polish Appliqués are a nice to have product, provided they're within your budget and particularly if there is a design that strikes your fancy. At $7.99-8.99 a set, they're more of a splurge/special occasion kind of thing for me.

A set of Incoco Nail Polish Appliqués can be purchased from Incoco for $7.99 (solid colors) or $8.99 (designs).


Disclaimer: The Incoco Nail Polish Appliqués were sent to me for consideration for a review. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this review. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and based solely on my own experience with the products.

13 comments:

  1. How do you make it so neat? I tried it once and gave up >_< I think I'm broken. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, really? I thought it was relatively easy after I did my first nail or so. I completely chose the wrong size for my first nail -_- Did you have trouble placing the actual applique onto the nail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think adding a topcoat would make it last a little longer since it is made from actual polish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it probably would, but I feel like it defeats the purpose a little bit because the appliques claim to include a base and top coat in them, and adding a real top coat to it would also add drying time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I've never tried these kinds of things either, but my daughter has and loves them! She's hard on her nails and these do last longer than polish so that's why she loves 'em! This colour is so bright! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried these yet! They are a good idea to have handy if you need a really quick application though. It's just the price that holds me back... that is almost the price of OPI (full bottle) or an essie polish! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color too! I'm a sucker for all things mint and seafoam green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean, Kelly! The price kind of holds me back as well, which is why I think I'd only buy it if I found a design that I really fell in love with and didn't think I could recreate on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- they look surprisingly chic. Nail appliqués never really seemed to float my boat, but sheet marks are my greatest enemy and I encounter them far too often.


    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really look like a manicure! I do the same exact thing.. Paint my nails in bed then wake up to a mess! It a perfect time but not so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean! I feel like I only have time right before bed, but even though, the timing still isn't great, lol! I would be lost without my OPI drying spray :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Same here, Lillian! These were surprisingly easy to apply, and it was so nice to be able to immediately go on with my day and not have to wait for my nails to dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I suck at applying these! Haha But I definitely need to give these a try again as I never have any patience waiting for my nails to dry.


    http://berry-mix.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...