8.19.2013

Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre.

Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre is the most recent unnecessary addition to my makeup bag, and I've come to learn that purchases like these tend to happen when I'm wandering around Sephora without a purpose. *slaps wrist*

I was intrigued by the Cashmere Lip Cream formula after since it's not everyday you hear the term "cream-to-powder" used to describe the finish of a lip product. As expected, it has a velvet-matte finish that is feels luxurious and insanely comfortable on the lips, and it doesn't feel at all drying. Bite Beauty clearly does not use the term cashmere loosely!

Sancerre is a breathtakingly beautiful raspberry shade that made my heart skip a beat upon first swatch. The pigmentation is out of this world. I'm talking completely-opaque-with-one-swipe kind of pigmentation. And although the shade isn't exactly summer-appropriate, I couldn't help but justify the purchase as it was too gorgeous to pass up.
The doe foot applicator is rather large and flat, and I find that it picks up quite a bit more product than you actually need for one application. I often get frustrated with pigmented lip colors that come equipped with a doe foot applicator because I find it difficult to apply the color as precisely as I'd like, and this is no exception. Sancerre is definitely not a swipe-and-go kind of product, but the result is so worth it!


Sancerre lasts for ages on me. With drinking but no eating, it doesn't wear off, fade or settle into lip lines at all. AT ALL, people. However, I did notice the tiniest bit of bleeding above my top lip, so it might be worth it to pair with a lip liner. After my meal, Sancerre was still 90% intact after having faded only slightly and in the most even and subtle manner possible. The kind of fading that is only noticeable to the person wearing it.

Interested in a drugstore dupe? Try the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. The formula isn't quite as comfortable on the lips (think more drying), but it's pretty comparable and for a fraction of the price. NYX Strawberry Jam seems suspiciously similar to Sancerre too, although I learned prior to writing this post that Strawberry Jam is apparently M.I.A. right now so I can't compare.

This is my first taste of Bite Beauty, but I already know it won't be my last. Any recommendations for me? Please and thank you :)


Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre is available from Sephora for $28.


40 comments:

  1. This red is va va voom on you! I need to try Bite beauty soon. Wonder if any online store sells this (and ship internationally).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. god. I NEED THIS! It's actually the most perfect raspberry color!

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks GORGEOUS on you! I really want to try some bite bits. Totally inspired by Makeupbytiffanyd, and I have no shame :D I really want to get the lipstick in fig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA!! AMAZING on you! These were next on my list to try from Bite Beauty! They've moved to the top of the list now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly, talk about pigmentation! You look haaaawt with this lippie! The formula really sounds like a dream and the lasting power seems amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah that color is awesome on you! still going strong after drinking eh? my boyfriend refuses to let me kiss him if i have lip products on so i'm always trying to find one that doesn't transfer too much..
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour looks SO great on you Tiffany! you suit a bright lip! Bite lipstick in Pepper is a great neutral for every day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, amazing color! Suits you so well (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a good taste and are super quick, too. lol Need this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you should be spokesperson for BITE because I now feel the need to run out and buy it! It looks great on you! Reminds me of a pinker version of Korres liquid lipstick in Raspberry.

    xxx

    glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! The pigment and finish is gorgeous! I'm totally intrigued now. This on you seems necessary. Bam! A stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This. is. gorgeous. If only I had the courage to cough up a bold lip. I will definitely be checking out Bite Beauty soon.


    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure, but I hope you find one that does! I found mine at Sephora :-/ I'm super impressed so far though. I definitely need to try out more Bite products soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right?! It's seriously SO gorgeous! It feels really nice on the lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Kelly! I want to try out some of their lipsticks too! I remember TiffanyD talking about Fig too :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Tracy! The formula (and shade) is seriously AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Teri! Everything about the product is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Jenn! It actually does transfer, unfortunately. I drank through a straw so that it wouldn't mess up the color, but I think kissing would still lead to transfer :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much, Stacey! I'll have to take a look at Pepper next time I'm at Sephora. Thanks for the rec :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Natalie! I really love the color as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha, thanks, Savannah! I haven't tried that Korres one, but I might have to swatch it next time I get the chance just to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Taylor! The formula of these lip creams is phenomenal! And I just couldn't resist the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So rich and creamy and pigmented! It looks amazing on you! I'm just not a fan of lip products but things like this make me so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used to steer clear of bold lips as well, but as long as you balance it out with the rest of the makeup and wear it with confidence, you're good to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not a fan of lip products?? I wish I was more like you - I'd save so much money! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil in Bramble- Not 100% matte, but feels really nice and the color lasts really well. More of the pencils were on the top of my to buy list, but this review has swayed me- Will definitely check out the Lip Creams now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just succumbed to this beauty as well. I'm trying to think of what cheek and eye colors to pair it with. How do you plan on wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  28. This red is so amazing on you!! I got one of their mini lipsticks, which wasn't a huge fan of, but this...this I want to try for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooo, you make the matte pencils sound really nice, Amanda! I'll have to take a closer look at them next time :) I love mattes that don't feel like a matte on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay! How do you like it so far? I'll most likely be wearing it the way I'm wearing it in this post (simple eye makeup/winged liner with neutral cheeks). I think it'd look nice with a light gold shadow on the eyes and a soft and subtle berry shade on the cheeks too, as long as you don't go overboard with the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much! What was it you didn't like about the lipsticks, if you don't mind me asking? I might need to steer clear of them too, depending on the reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Of course! The formulation wasn't moisturizing, in fact, it dried out my lips a bit. I was also disappointed with the wear time (~3 hours for me). If I'm paying that much for a lipstick, I want the sucker to last at least 4 LOL

    But otherwise, it's pigmented and goes on smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awww :( I think my pet peeve is any lip product that dries out my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beauty Blog! I¡m your new follower.Follow me back if you want! Thanks you!

    http://how2befashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a great color! I've tried the NYX lip creams and want to try other brands. Have to give these a try!


    http://berry-mix.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've been waiting to see someone swatch any of the Cashmere Lip Creams! This is gorgeous on you. Bite has become one of my favorite new brands. Their lipsticks are so pigmented and gorgeous! Cin Cin and Restina (of their Luminous Creme Lipsticks) are my favorite colors so far. I love the NYX SMLC, and the matte lip look in general, but SMLC can be very drying >.<

    ReplyDelete
  37. bah, i still want this. it is totally on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This looks so GORGEOUS on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That lip color is so adorable and looks perfect on you!


    annaslifeandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...