7.21.2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Glow Powder in At Goldcombe Bay.

Though I used to be quite tanned back in the day, thanks to spending my summers basking in the sunshine at the beach, nowadays, I'm more sun-conscious and have actually learned to appreciate my lighter skin tone. With that said, with my untanned skin tone running around NC20, it's not often that I come across bronzers that are too light for me...typically, it's the other way around - too brown, too orange, too muddy, too Jersey Shore - that is, until I tried Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Glow Powder in At Goldcombe Bay.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Glow Powder in At Goldcombe Bay is a matte tan that leans neither warm nor cool. Similarly to the RBR blush I reviewed in the past, there are tiny, sparse shimmers visible in the pan but not visible at all on the skin. 

At Goldcombe Bay is the lighter of the two shades available from RBR, so I didn't even think twice when deciding between them, as I'm only around NC23 at the mo. However, as you'll see from the swatch below, At Goldcombe Bay is really quite pale for a bronzer, making it a perfect option for the fairest of skin tones. Even when I first started using it at the end of spring when I was closer to NC20, it looked quite subtle on me, and now that I'm just a smidgen darker, it's even more difficult to make At Goldcombe Bay really show up on my skintone. For those who are darker than NC25, I'd recommend opting for the deeper of the two shades offered, called At Netherway Cove.


The texture of At Goldcombe Bay is soft and silky without being the least bit powdery. It's quite pigmented, although it may not seem like it in the swatch below due to how pale the shade is compared to my skin tone. At Goldcombe Bay blends beautifully into the skin and could not look any more natural. 


The Bronzing Glow Powder is another stellar product from Rouge Bunny Rouge. At Goldcombe Bay would make an excellent bronzer for fair-skinned ladies who have struggled to find a bronzer light enough to suit their skin tone and didn't turn them orange or muddy. As I'm not quite that fair, it's actually a product that is becoming less suitable for my skin tone as I tan a bit in the summertime, but I foresee it being my go-to bronzer in the winter and spring when I'm at my palest and my complexion is looking for a natural touch of warmth.

I purchased Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Glow Powder in At Goldcombe Bay from BeautyHabit for $39.


20 comments:

  1. wow this really does look like the perfect shade for NC 20-25! you are making me want too much RBR!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued. I imagine this might be slightly light for me, though I wonder if it might work well applied like a blush more than a bronzer, for subtle "no makeup makeup" warmth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is really light and really pretty! I think my NC10 daughter would be able to wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tiffany, thanks for the review! I'll most probably need the darker shade of the two, since I'm closer to NC30 for the moment (I think). I like how this doesn't look muddy or orange at all! Let's hope the darker shade is just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GORGEOUS shade! I love how unique it is from the majority of bronzers as it almost has hidden pink tones. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really good color!

    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many awesome products your reviewed from RBR! I'd love an eyeshadow or blush from them! I've just recently started using bronzer and been contouring a bit so this defo is a good shade for fairer/light skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks prettyyyy.... But not sure if its perfect for me....
    Its already hard to get near same tone face powder for my case.... I always skip Bronzer, not knowing how to actually apply it either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! really loving your blog! I really love your post about the top illmunators and bronzers, been looking for the perfect ones, they were really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to try out the brand! I'm telling you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea! I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out when I do soon. I also found that applying it with a denser brush (like the EcoTools bronzer brush) helped make it more noticeable on the skin as well, although of course the shade is still on the lighter side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely think it would suit NC10! It's really one of the lightest bronzers I've come across in a long time. You should get it for her, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you liked the post, Sunny! You should check out the Beauty Professor's blog...she's reviewed both of the shades, and the darker one seems just as nice from what I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you like it, Alison! I'm glad to have it in my collection, even if I might be getting a bit dark for it. Sometimes you just want something subtle, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely, Sharlynn! It's pretty rare that a brand releases a bronzer that is actually light and subtle enough for fair skin tones. This one is lovely! You definitely need to try a few eyeshadows and/or blushes though.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww :( Have you tried applying it in the 3 shape on each side of you face (forehead, cheeks, jawline)?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much! So glad they were helpful :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried with cheeks. but its just too dark for me... hahaa. but I will find till I get the right one. thanks for the tips XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sooo not a bronzer girl but this one actually looks good enough to make me change my mind! I already know Rouge Bunny Rouge is an awesome brand so this might happen pretty soon lol
    xoxo
    Anja
    www.thecanadianprincipessa.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, let me know if you end up getting it, Anja! What else have you tried and loved from RBR?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...