6.01.2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Gracilis.

I recently had my Rouge Bunny Rouge cherry popped when I acquired a few bits from the brand, and let me tell you: RBR is a must-try brand. End of story.

To be honest, I've been wanting to try RBR for quite a long while now, but since it can be more of a hard to find brand, it wasn't at the top of my beauty priority list and I often forgot about it until I'd see another raving review pop up in my blog reading list. About a week ago though, I finally took the plunge and was dying to see what all the hype was about.

In addition to two eyeshadows that I'll save for another time, I picked up a RBR Original Skin Blush in the shade Gracilis, a soft, baby pink with a touch of mauve. Gracilis seems to be a favorite among many who are familiar with RBR, and who could forget this post on Beauty Professor a while back. I knew it had to be good.

Gracilis has a tiny bit of shimmer that I can detect in the pan and in my arm swatch, but my camera wasn't quite able to pick it up, which goes to show you how sparse and inconspicuous it is. Furthermore, on my cheeks, Gracilis reads more as a soft matte that somehow still manages to impart a bit of glow to the skin. I love that the mauve undertone keeps Gracilis from leaning too cool, and I absolutely think it is a soft pink that would look equally as beautiful on warmer skin tones as it would on cool skin tones.

The texture is insanely soft and silky, but not powdery. Though it claims to have sheer pigmentation, I don't find that to be the case with Gracilis. It certainly is not a blush that you need to pack onto your blush brush in order to get it to show up on the skin. If anything, I think that the formulation that allows for the supposed sheer pigmentation actually allows the blush to melt into the skin and need close to no blending at all.


Wearing Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis below:

I'm absolutely smitten with Gracilis (and RBR, for that matter!). Even for someone like me who isn't typically drawn towards pink blushes, it's difficult not to fall in love with Gracilis' natural flush that just wakens up the complexion instantaneously and effortlessly. Who doesn't want that?

RBR Original Skin Blush in Gracilis retails for $28, and I purchased mine from Beautyhabit.


29 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks gorgeous on you. I wish RBR was more avail here, I'm so curious to try some new products. The highlighters are on my list along with the blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! And the design is so pretty. I do prefer coral blushers because they work better for my skin tone and pink ones can make me look clown like, but this looks like it might work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeep! this is so pretty on you!!! i need to try rbr eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joyce! You seriously do! I've been saying I was going to try RBR since forever ago, and now I'm mad at myself for waiting so long. They have some amazing products! The eyeshadows are just.......heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I haven't heard much about the highlighters, but it definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in too. I love that they only have 6 or so shades of the original skin blush....they all seem like shades that would suite most people and be staples in your collection. I really love that. I actually really liked the customer service from beautyhabit, though! I think I'll go to them for all of my future RBR needs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely know what you mean, and that's one of the reasons why I don't tend to love pinks either! But yes, Gracilis is definitely not clown-like at all....I'm kind of in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shade, I love how natural effect it has given to your face<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeek don't tell me that!! lol ok maybe do tell me that, and post about them soon to help me narrow down the shade selection process :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! The blush fiend in me is screaming me at me to get it. LOL! Too bad there isn't RBR here so I can't swatch every shade available. Blushes, AND those beautiful eye shadows I've been reading about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, you've been converted too! :P haha! I really need to get my butt into gear and get my hands on more from RBR. I've tried the loose pigments and liquid liner but no powder products yet, which is what I hear the most about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is gorgeous :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tiff, wow, I never really knew Gracilis is so pretty! I thought it's a shade that would more or less disappear on my skin tone, but after seeing it on you I think I'll be fine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the flower print on it, and the color looks so lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This look amazing on you! I always saw Rachel (makeupneversleeps) use this in videos and it looked great on her as well. I love shades like this. It reminds me of CARGO Tonga, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally love the shade, I thought itd be a bit more brown when swatched but its really quite a dusy pink with mauve undertones! I think it works fab on your skin and I'd love a shade like this to try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still haven't tried RBR which is a little crazy at this point. ALL I hear are raves! While I'm usually first drawn to nudes and peaches, I agree, pinky blushes like this can have such a brightening effect. Looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want this one!!! I'm not sure what happened during the Beautyhabit sale except that I just got lazy and then forgot and then it was too late!! Anyway...love this color and the finish looks perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much, Rakhshanda! I'm been using it everyday since getting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Lily! It's a shame the brand isn't more readily available :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. You need to try some of the blushes and eyeshadows, Becca! I'm already planning my next order ;) The loose pigments look nice too but I hate using loose powder products, so those are a no-go for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know what you mean, Sunny! Gracilis is not nearly as pale as I was expecting, which is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much! I quite like the imprint as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've actually never tried any CARGO blushes! 0_0 I feel like I'm missing out. But yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with RBR right now. I'm already planning my next order... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Sharlynn! I can already tell Gracilis is going to be one of my go-to pink blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Catherine! I was definitely in a no-pink blush phase for a while, but Gracilis has reignited my love for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh! Don't feel bad - I'm already planning my next order and I'm sad they don't have the 20% off sale going on still :P Still, I think the full retail price is still very reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks great on you! Another new brand and products to add to my wish list! Would you be able to do a vid tutorial on how to create a winged eye?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! I know practice makes perfect, but I just can't seem to get it. =(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...