6.02.2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Delicate Hummingbird.

Another day, another Rouge Bunny Rouge infatuation.

Delicate Hummingbird is one of Rouge Bunny Rouge's Long-Lasting Eye Shadows, and it's a shimmery, plum-taupe. It's B-E-A-uuuutiful.

Delicate Hummingbird has a silky soft, incredibly smooth texture. Even when I applied it with a fluffy crease brush on un-primed lids like I did today, there was absolutely zero fallout. The pigmentation is really good, although I'll admit, it isn't amazing. Unlike the other eyeshadow shade I picked up, Delicate Hummingbird is just a bit lacking in the pigmentation department, although the problem could easily be rectified with the use of a primer or patting it on with a shader brush instead of sweeping it on with a fluffy brush as I have. Also, the lasting power is phenomenal, even without a primer underneath, and it performs much like Burberry shadows do on me.


The shimmer really does just dazzle in the sunlight!

Although Delicate Hummingbird is much more purple than it is taupe, I think it could easily lean one way or the other depending on what color base you choose to wear underneath. Using a purple base will obviously bring out even more of the purple tones, while using a brown or grey base will make it appear a bit more taupe.


I wore Delicate Hummingbird today on my lid and lower lashline. Besides that, I just have a tiny bit of bronzer blended above my crease.

I'm thrilled to have Delicate Hummingbird in my collection. The formula is dreamy, and I always love me a good plummy taupe. And an eyeshadow that I don't have to pair with a primer? Count me in.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Delicate Hummingbird retails for $25, and I purchased mine from BeautyHabit.


33 comments:

  1. So pretty on you! I love the full face shot, gorgeous makeup all around :) It's funny the only thing I think of when I hear "Delicate Hummingbird" is the beauty blog hah! This shade looks completely up my alley but I probably have at least 5 in my existing collection very close to it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. so super pretty!!!! been loving your RBR reviews~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty and sophisticated shade! And your swatch does show that it's a bit sheer. Still in my wish list though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does not look like it lacks in pigment, although I believe you and am sure you have made it work. It looks amazing on you! I love it! It's very purple on you, which I love. It wears so well, I agree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty shade that packs a punch of color! I love the micro shimmer! It so smooth looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love taupes. This looks beautiful. I wonder how close it is to Corinthian? Looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! I wonder if the blogger Delicate Hummingbird chose her name as a token to this shade... This is such an amazing shadow- who doesn't love a good plummy taupe? RBR has made it on my radar. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color is so pretty! I agree with sleepandwater, that full face shot of you is stunning! I can't stop thinking about the beauty blog whenever i read the name of the eyeshadow too! I've never heard of this brand before :o

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purply-taupes are my absolute favorite, favorite, favorite shade to buy of eyeshadows EVER! Delicate Hummingbird is really stunning on you! I've been wanting that one forever--really need to hurry and place an order!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG... no matter how many times I see swatches of this, I still go gaga! Guess it's inevitable I'd be getting some RBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tiffany, what a gorgeous shade!!! It looks really good on you! I've been toying with the idea of getting this one, and I think I eventually will!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful taupe! Looks great with your brown eyes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This color is AMAZING on you! I love that you blended a bit of bronzer above the crease too - I do that often too, I haven't seen many other people use bronzer that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful...gorgeous...and I'm so happy you have RBR now!!! I love how it can be different colors based on the angle...and the multicolor shimmer is amazing! What lippie are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thank you so much! And that reminds me that I loved her blog....I wish she was still blogging! I know what you mean about having similar shades though - I love my taupes too, but luckily, I don't have one quite as purple as Delicate Hummingbird :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, lady! I have one more coming....until I place my next order of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup, it's not 100% opaque and pigmented, but it's still BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you like it too, Leah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Taylor! I used to only wear purple eyeshadows back in the day, so I'm happy to have found one that has a hint of my other favorite eyeshadow shade - taupe! Perfection :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you like it, Sharlynn! It's definitely a beautiful eyeshadow. I think it looks nice in these photos, but it's even more striking in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm actually not sure because I don't own Corinthian...I almost got it once upon a time, but then I think I just forgot about it or something. Not sure. I think you'd love Delicate Hummingbird though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know, don't quote me, but I *think* I did read on her blog before that she did name it after the eyeshadow....but like I'm not positive. I know she's reviewed this eyeshadow before too! You should definitely get some RBR soon. They have some amazing products. Definitely worth the hype :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, thank you so much, Chloe! That's so nice of you to say. Sounds like this eyeshadow has reminded quite a few people of the blogger! I love her blog too. I think RBR isn't as widely known, maybe because it can be a bit harder to track down, but they definitely have fantastic products.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should, Lily! I remember when I first heard about RBR, I made a mental note that if and when I placed an order, I'd definitely have to get Delicate Hummingbird because it's totally my kind of shade. Don't regret it one bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, Sunny! I think Delicate Hummingbird would look beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much, Lindsay! I love purples and purple tones because I find that they just complement my eye color more, like you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Catherine! Yeah, I love doing that. It just seems to tie the whole look together instantaneously! Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Gummy! Delicate Hummingbird is pretty amazing, no? :D And I'm wearing Dior Addict lipstick in Plaza, but over NUXE lip balm, so it went on sheerly :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. pretty pretty. it looks a bit like a blend of burberry rosewood and mulberry! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...