6.07.2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Abyssinian Catbird.

When I first saw swatches of Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Abyssinian Catbird, I knew I'd have to make it mine one day.


Abyssinian Catbird is a gorgeous golden bronze with an olive undertone, and quite frankly, it's one of those shade that I know I'll never grow tired of. It's sophisticated, yet so very un-boring, if you know what I mean. It's a must-have for brown-eyed girls.


Abyssinian Catbird is incredibly pigmented and buttery smooth...almost creamy. I can wear it without primer with much more impressive results than most other powder eyeshadow formulas; however, I still prefer to use primer when I need for it to last beyond 8 hours. 


Below, I wore Abyssinian Catbird on the lid with a bit of bronzer through the crease. On me, the olive tones are much more apparent when applied than when swatched, which I don't mind at all as it sets it apart from other bronze shades in my collection.

As far as I'm concerned, Rouge Bunny Rouge can do no wrong. So far, based on the few products I've tried (and loved!), the quality seems to be akin to a brand like Burberry but at a slightly more affordable price point. I'm not complaining ;)

I purchased Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Abyssinian Catbird from BeautyHabit, and it retails for $25.


21 comments:

  1. This one is SO PRETTY on you Tiffany! Love the olivey bronze shade against your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing to me, Tiffany?!?!!! *keeps eyes shut and run away* LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous RBR shade! It definitely does look more olivey once applied, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one if my favourite Rouge Bunny Rouge product you've reviewed so far! loveeeeee the olive tone , oh my i might not be able to resist this one D:

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg it looks like the most perfect olive!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely gorgeous! I've never heard of this brand, but everything from the swatches you provided to the pictures of the packaging make me very tempted to check them out! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love RBR and love this shade. I love the olive tones on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, you are so lucky, I love that the olive tones peek through on your skin tone, it makes the shade even more amazing! I have this shade too, need to review it asap ^^. The buttery creamy texture is to die for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, sorry, Lily, but you HAVE to try Rouge Bunny Rouge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Catherine! I love the olive tones because I think they just make brown eyes pop a little bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, glad you like it too, Chloe! DO IT!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right?! I LOVE it! I can see why it's so popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think so too! Granted, I don't have that many (if any) other olives to compare to, but still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's definitely more of a niche brand, especially since it's not easily accessible, but I think their products are FANTASTIC, especially considering the price point. Let me know if you end up trying out anything from RBR, Jackie! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Taylor! Can't wait for my next RBR order to get here :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it is! Can't wait to read your post, Teri. I'm sure it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is amazing on you!! I love olive bronzey shadows too! This looks like an amped up Sumptuous Olive. RBR is def a brand I have to check out more

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I had Sumptuous Olive to compare! But yes, you should definitely look into trying out some RBR products - they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful shade on you, Tiffany! I've never heard of Rouge Bunny Rouge. Is it a new brand and only available online (e.g., BeautyHabit)?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Tiffany. I'm from the Bay Area so it looks like I'll have to order through BeautyHabit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...