6.08.2013

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation.

The newest addition to my foundation arsenal is the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. Recently, I started working and I often need my foundation to not only look flawless (or at the very least, decentfor 10+ hours, but I was also interested in finding something that could free me from having to blot my t-zone every other hour or so....because let's be honest: ain't nobody got time for that.

So, I turned to Hourglass' option: an oil-free, "liquid powder" foundation that claims to be mattifying and long-lasting, all while also providing anti-aging benefits. After trying out a generous sample, I went against my makeup collection's wishes (which are along the lines of "stop putting more stuff in here; there's already not enough room!") and scooped up the real deal.

I have the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in the shade Shell, and it's described as "fair with neutral undertones." For reference, I'm around an NC20 and I think it matches me perfectly. 

Though it is a liquid product, I find it to be more in the realm of a liquid-cream hybrid, as it is thicker than most liquid foundations. However, it blends out into a powder finish, and due to the silicones that allow for the liquid to powder conversion, it is also ridiculously easy and effortless to spread across the skin and blend.

Despite having a powder finish, I don't find that it appears cakey or feels heavy on the skin at all. Hourglass describes Immaculate foundation as having a "soft, velvet finish," and I'd have to agree completely. Bear in mind, I have combination skin, and those with drier skin types may not necessarily experience the same results. I typically wear one thin, even layer and find that it is more or less undetectable, even up close. It has medium coverage that is quite easily buildable as well, although the more you build, the more you risk moving into potentially cakey territory - inevitable due to the powder finish.

The mattifying and oil-control properties of the Immaculate foundation typically cut down my need to blot from nearly every other hour to just once or twice in a work day, which is pretty significant in my book. I actually appreciate that although it is mattifying, it still allows my natural "glow" (aka oil) to peek through because it keeps my overall complexion from looking flat. It lasts about 8 hours on me before I start to notice signs of separation or break down slightly on my t-zone. I don't typically use a primer or setting powder with it as I find there is no need.


Wearing Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell:

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly be peeled away from the glowy, dewy skin look I love so much, Immaculate Foundation came in, stole my heart and has quickly become one of my favorites. It's perfect for long days and warmer weather, and I know it will be a staple in my daily routine this summer.

I purchased the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell from Sephora for $55.


27 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany, thanks so much for the review! I've been curious about this one, but the problem is I need more reviews to know what my shade match is and whether it'll work for my skin (I'm also combination. I guess this will work well in summer). I don't really go for dewy in summer, as it'll just become oily in several hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice concept - it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin texture must be amazing because I found that this one caught on bits of dry skin around my nose. Otherwise it should have been THE foundation for me. Shell was a bit too light on me as well. Glad that it worked out for you! Finding a good foundation is so much work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your skin looks so smooth and healthy, I like this foundation a lot on you! I also like the glowing look, even in summer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great on you! I've been hearing such good things about this one and I think I want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to be raving about this one and now I really really need it too! It looks incredible on your skin, I'm like 'ok, that's it, I need this now!' lol! I just wished Hourglass was available here, it's so hard to get hold of here. Looking exceptionally fresh Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks so natural on you! you have such nice skin!

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem, Sunny! Glad the review was at least a little helpful. I love that they offer so many shades, but I suppose it also makes it difficult to choose one sight unseen. I hope you can find a shade match soon! I'm lucky enough to be able to swatch in-store, but I also had a pretty good idea of what my shade would be just from reading tons of reviews :) I think you might like it too, although from what I've seen and read, people either tend to love it or hate it :-/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, my skin texture is amazing. Bahahah, just kidding! But no, seriously, I think I didn't run into the same problem as you because luckily, I don't have any dry patches right now. Good to know the foundation sticks to dryness though. I'll keep that in mind come winter when my skin is drier. I know what you mean about finding a good foundation though! It's exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Claire! Luckily, even when I use matte foundations, the natural oil on my skin tends to create its own "glow," albeit often unwanted, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You should get a sample from Sephora from an SA that looks nice and like she'd give you a lot, haha. My sample lasted me for so many uses, I lost count! Love that SA. Let me know what you think if you try it out, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Teri! I know people tend to either love it or absolutely loathe this foundation, but I personally love how flawless it makes my skin look and how long-lasting it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry Styles uses this!! :P haha well Lou Teasdale does on Harry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh expensive, but looks to be worth it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bahaha, does he really? Awesome! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely, especially if you have oilier skin or have issues with foundation lasting all day like I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This foundation sounds amazing, Tiffany! Too bad the brand is not available here. I hate to buy foundations sight unseen, especially when it's very difficult for me to get a shade match. Will keep this in mind when I travel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah he does! he has quite bad acne and this works well in covering and treating it


    makeup and bands is rather second nature but Harry is quite self conscious about his acne i think its endearing because it shows hes only human not to mention hes so cute hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful review Tiffany. It looks perfect on you, undetectable and I love it! The shade is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so natural on you! So jealous that you have flawless skin. I have combination skin as well. As this product contains silicone, do you find it that it breaks you out? I have cystic acne so I'm afraid to try this product since I heard silicone tends to cause break outs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi tiffany we have same skintone. but have you tried the shade in ivory? i'm ranging from nc15-nc20. usng Mufe F&B #20, MUFE HD 117

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know what you mean...foundation matching is a pain, even in person, but having to do it sight unseen is a nightmare :( I hope you can sample it when you travel, though! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Tiffany. I'll see if I can get a sample @ Sephora and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome review! I just run out of my beloved Clarins Ever Matte (I'm bragging about this everywhere, obnoxious I know :D) and on the fence whether to repurchase right away or explore other matte foundations for the summer. This is a perfect candidate!!! I'll check it out tomorrow woo hooo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...