5.27.2013

My Morning Skincare Routine.

After posting my nighttime skincare routine, I thought it was only appropriate that I followed up with my morning routine as well.

What do my mornings generally look like? Imagine me scrambling to get my eyebrows on and getting them to look like cousins and not strangers on the subway, remembering to brush through my bangs as to ensure they're not still plastered to my forehead from the night before, and making sure I at least have matching shoes on before leaving the house and you've got a pretty good idea.

Like most of us, I don't have tons-o-time in the morning to spend pampering my skin the same way I do in the evenings. It's important that every product and motion I go through for skincare is meaningful and serves a purpose. That random serum I've been dying to try out? That can wait; mornings are not the time for experimentation.

With my brain still in sleep mode and my eyes open just wide enough to see the sliver of light necessary to locate the bathroom, I wash my face with the Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser and remove it, along with all the oil and residue that accumulated during my slumber, with a washcloth. It's light enough where it feels cooling and refreshing on the skin (anything to help me wake up!), but it still gets the job done. Also, who wants to be splashing their faces with water at this time of day anyway?!

Once my skin is clean, I apply bit of Hydraluron only to my under-eye area. I don't use hydrating serums all over in the daytime as I find my combo skin doesn't require it, but seeing as how my under-eye area has a tendency to be extra dry, often leading to my concealer going patchy, I find the extra hydration beneath my normal eye cream is a godsend. 

Speaking of eye cream, I recently finished up my Pai Anti-Aging Echium Eye Cream, which I really enjoyed, but after trialing a sample of the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm a few weeks ago, I was in love. As soon as I used my last drop of the Pai, I was off to buy a jar of the Algenist. It's a thick cream/balm that is unimaginably hydrating (even more so on when used in tandem with Hydraluron), and it plumps up my under-eye area like nothing I've tried before. It wears perfectly under concealer and makeup as well.

For moisturizer, I use a pea-sized amount of Embryollise Lait-Crème Concentrè, and I love that it hydrates and nourishes my skin while also prepping it and turning it into the perfect canvas for foundation and makeup.

After sleeping all night with a nighttime lip balm soaking into my lips and working its magic (I swear by the C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm), I either use a toothbrush to gently scrub away any dead skin cells in the morning or use the LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub. The lip scrub is more gentle than a toothbrush, not to mention it tastes 100x more amazing :) Then, as I'm doing my makeup, I let a thin layer of the NUXE Rêve de Miel sink in to my lips to prep them for whatever lip product I choose to use that day. I actually hate using the NUXE at night because I find that it makes my lips peel the next day, but for some reason, when I use it sparingly in the mornings, it seems to be okay and acts as a good base for lipstick.

Lastly, if I'm being a good girl, I'll remember to slather my face with sunscreen before finishing my makeup and leaving the house. Right now, I'm LOVING the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid, which I reviewed in more detail here.

In an ideal world, I would use all of these products the way I just described every. single. morning, but in reality, there are certainly days I can only muster up the energy for (or only have the time for) a quick cleanse, a bit of eye cream (forget the serum!), and moisturizer. 

What is your morning skincare routine?


26 comments:

  1. Great post! I've been looking for some new skincare. Embryolisse is def something I want to try and you've made me want to check out those two under eye products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that cousins not strangers part cracked me up so bad! I totally have that problem!


    I'm now so interested in that Algenist eye cream! I only use the NUXE lip balm at night, and usually my lips are fine after I remove the excess in the morning. If I need something extra in the morning it'd be the Aesop cream instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I agree completely. I would love to be able to have the energy to carry out my entire skincare routine, but realistically, it's not gonna happen xD Now you've got me curious about the Algenist eye balm. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous you have Hydraluron. I've been hunting for it everywhere! Great post!
    xxLillian
    parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Heather! I'm nearly out of my Embryolisse actually and considered trying something new.....but then I decided against it and just ordered a new tube ;) Both the Hydraluron and Algenist Eye Balms are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks, Sunny! Glad you enjoyed it :D


    Yeah, I'm not sure why but my lips just don't love the NUXE lip balm the way every one else's do. And is that the Aesop lip cream? Does it stay on a long time? The cream consistency sounds interesting! And the Algenist eye balm is definitely worth trying out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe for those who are morning people it might be possible, but for me, yikes! No way. Hahah. Let me know if you end up trying out the eye balm in the future. It's a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lillian, I actually had a friend in the UK offer to send it over to me, thankfully! It's annoying how difficult it is to find outside of the UK :-/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh too bad. Skincare is so personal though! If your lips don't love it then you have to move on ;)

    Yes I meant the Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream. It is a very light cream that sinks right into the lips, so if I something extra for my lips in the morning, that's what I go for! You only need a tiny little to begin with too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't take care of my lips at all! When it's dry, I'll just apply some lip balm and that's it. However, when it comes to skincare, I diligently apply toner, serum, moisturizer and sunscreen in the day, after cleansing and SPLASHING my face with water. LOL! I always shower in the morning - that's the only way I could wake up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to try out the Hydraluron brand, now I'll have to hunt it down! Thanks for the post, it was cute and informative :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had to choose one moisturizer for the rest of my life I'd probably choose Embryolisse. But being quite fickle, I'd love to try some Hydraluron products as well. Great post!

    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wanted the NUXE Rêve de Miel for a super long time, that sucks that it makes your lips peel! Maybe I'll skip over it :)
    xoxo
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great product! Might have to give it a go sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My lips are try almost all the time! Hahah, it's kinda sad really. I used to shower in the morning for class, but lately, I've been having to wake up at 6am for work, and I really don't think I could make myself get up any earlier to shower too, so I do it at night....I do have a tough time waking up in the mornings though :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. No problem, Kisti! Glad it was helpful :) Hydraluron is definitely a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can (and should) use both! The Hydraluron isn't a moisturizer...it's meant to be worn under one, and it's perfect under Embryolisse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Aly, I know I'm in the minority here, so maybe you'd like it? Not that it matters all that much, but I do really like the packaging of the NUXE lip balm. It just seems very expensive and mature :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My morning routine usually very simple too--a quick cleanse with either Caudalie's Cleansing Water or Aveeno's Ultra Calming Foaming cleanser, Caudalie's Vinoperfect Serum, then sunscreen...on my good days. I admit, I still go some days with sunscreen too :P it's funny though, I've actually been out of all my usual morning products for the last 2 weeks and have been too lazy to buy more so I've been using a bunch of different things in the morning--whatever I feel like on that day. Probably why my skin hasn't been too happy :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. some days my brows look like strangers too! yummm .. i should start incorporating a delicious lip scrub into my morning routine. great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I normally cleanse using Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser then apply Clinique Superdefense moisturiser with SPF25. At the moment I'm testing Chanel Hydra Beauty Eye Gel so I apply that in between those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, that's what I was afraid of when I realized I was running low on a few of my skincare products, so I quickly repurchased the ones I absolutely loved or bought replacements for the others so that I wouldn't have to resort to using anything my skin didn't like. I hope your skin gets better soon though. I've actually been curious to try a cleansing water...I've been thinking about the Koh Gen Do one, but I'm not sure that I really need it, to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Faye! Glad you liked it. The Lush lip scrub is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo, nice! How are you like that Chanel eye gel, Georgie?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I only started using it on the 31st of May, and while part of me hoped I'd see a difference almost immediately I can't say there's been improvement yet. But I've got at least a month's more usage in the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Skincare products aren't for everyone~ even if it is a cult favorite!
    But if you're still curious about French skincare products or you have products that you want to try, but don't know where to buy them, check out my online French skincare boutique!
    I stock Embryolisse and many others, all at a competitive price!

    www.frenchcares.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...