5.25.2013

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.

I bought the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid with the intention of using it under my foundation for sun protection and for added coverage, but since acquiring it a few weeks ago, I've actually enjoyed just using it on its own as a light base on ultra-natural makeup kind of days.

Because of its thin, liquid consistency, shaking the bottle before each use is a must in order to fully disperse the tint within the sunscreen. I prefer to use my fingers, rather than  a brush, to apply it because the consistency is quite watery. It is quick and easy to apply and blend out, even with fingers. Due to its ultra-light consistency, it feels like absolutely nothing on the skin, which is quite unlike many other sunscreens on the market.

It has a liquid to powder finish, and what has impressed me the most about it is its oil-control properties! I didn't expect or anticipate it would be able to keep my t-zone oils at bay all day as exceptionally as it does, and I often don't find the need for a foundation primer or powder. The tint is the traditional one-shade-suits-most kind of idea, and though it looks quite dark straight out of the bottle, it's so sheer that it really does suit most. For reference, I'm currently an NC20.

Straight from the bottle on the left; Somewhat blended on the right

I find that La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid is best used in place of foundation only on good skin days. You could, however, use it everyday under your foundation for its sunscreen properties alone of course. On its own, it won't cover up blemishes or redness completely, but I do find that it tones down redness a bit and helps to noticeably even out my skin tone. I touch up with some concealer only on areas where I need it and often skip the powder altogether, although you could use one for added coverage if you so please. Using a powder for oil-control isn't really necessary though, in my opinion.

Wearing the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid with concealer only

In addition to the SPF 50 UVA/UVB protection, the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid also provides a patented anti-oxidant complex to further protect the skin from free radicals and the like that exist in our daily environment. Though I don't have sensitive skin, it claims to be suitable for sensitive skin types, and it is also fragrance free.

If you're on the market for a fantastic facial sunscreen to complement your makeup routine that doesn't feel like sunscreen on your skin, I would highly recommend checking out this offering from La Roche-Posay!

I purchased the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid from Ulta for $33.50.


24 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany, thanks so much for the review! I would never have given it a proper look were it not for your review! It sounds GOOD! I'm looking for something that will work in Taipei, so ideally something with a good SPF and oil-controlling properties. This sounds like just the thing! I'm so going to hunt it down now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sunny! Glad my review was helpful :) You should definitely try and hunt it down - I think you'd really enjoy it! When are you heading to Taipei? Is it for vacation? I'm jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand greasy sunscreen, but it's one of my everyday staples. Will look into this - thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY so glad you like this! It seriously is the best in the summer slap this on with concealer and brozer and brows and u are out the door!!! love the photos of you wearing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh didn't expect it it to be good for controlling the greasies! I have the LRP sunscreen for combo skin and it made me quite shiny so I didn't even look twice at the tinted version. Now I think I will pick up a bottle, though. Also the primer (though I have yet to find a CVS location that carries it). I've heard that one is AWESOME for oily skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the tinted version isn't sold in Denmark, but I might go buy the regular one. Everyone seems to like the LRP sunscreens :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tiffany, I definitely am going to take a look at this next time I'm in a pharmacy!


    I'm most probably going sometime in July to see my family and so on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds great! I have to watch out for this on strawberrynet because we don't get this brand here. Love light sunscreens. The bonus is the tint! Thanks for the review, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love myself some La Roche-Posay! I've had my eye on this for a while, so your review was ever so helpful. I wonder how it compares to Origins Vitazing? Thanks for the post!


    xxLillian
    parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. No problem! I know what you mean. I think the heaviness and/or greasiness deters a lot of people (including myself) from using many of the other face sunscreens on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Taylor! I'm like you - I like a glow, but more so in my foundations than sunscreen :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! No wonder you love it so much! Another winner from LRP. Surprise, surprise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, really? I've never heard about the primer but that sounds fantastic! I hope you can find it...I want to know what you think :) And yes, you should try this sunscreen! Is the combo skin version one of their mineral sunscreens? Because I tried a few of their sunscreens on the back of my hand and the others had completely different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, bummer :-/ This is my first LRP sunscreen, but I tend to love most of the products I try from them, so I'm not surprised that I like this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No problem, Lily! Glad my review was helpful. This is definitely my favorite face sunscreen out of the few that I've tried; normally I have how they feel on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vitazing is much dewier and doesn't control oil at all, while the LRP is liquid to powder, and Vitazing also has a darker tint and is more pigmented. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I like the idea of a tinted sunscreen. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll have to put this on the list as a backup in case the couple I need to test out don't work!! I think I'm around the same shade as you are, so I'm glad to hear the tint isn't too dark!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm starting to get better with using sunscreen, thankfully! I used to HATE it because of how it felt on my skin and under makeup, but with something like this, it's so much easier to incorporate into an everyday routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. No problem! Glad I could be of service :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the ones you're testing! I don't have a lot of experience in the sunscreen world :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i have the anthelios primer! i got it last summer at a cvs :) anyway, i have this, but i didn't like the finish when i first tried it. I'll definitely have to give it a good shake and try it again this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm curious to see if you change your mind or not! I'm just really impressed with the oil control :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...