4.13.2013

Products I'd Recommend to Just About Anyone.

Let me just preface this by saying that there is not a single product out there that will work on absolutely everyone, but there are certainly those that work on most, as opposed to others that are generally just crap. 

These are a few products that I love dearly and recommend constantly to just about everyone I talk to because 1) the formula rocks, and 2) the shade is universally flattering. Obviously, if your skin tone is vastly different from mine, your results with these products will likely vary.

::1:: Dior Amber Diamond 
This peachy champagne highlighter has been my HG for years now. I used to mostly mix all the shades together and dust them on the high points of my face (tops of the cheekbones, browbones, down the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow), but now that I'm quite pale, I've been utilizing the lighter side more. That's the beauty of this powder. Since there are five strips of color, you can customize it a bit to your current skin tone. In addition, I find that it's really finely milled and depending on what brush you use and how much you use, you can create a highlight that ranges from a natural glow to something slightly more dramatic.
(swatched here)

::2:: MAC Nylon Eyeshadow
I think I added Nylon to my collection close to a year ago, and I've been obsessed with it ever since. I only really use it for one purpose, as an inner corner highlight, but that's because it seriously puts all other inner corner highlight shades to shame. It's a frosty white gold that is more dramatic than your average champagne highlight, but I find that that is also what makes it 10x more eye catching.

::3:: Burberry Tangerine Blush 
Tangerine is the perfect matte, peachy pink and easily one of my absolute favorite blushes in my collection. The formula never looks powdery on and instead just seems to melt into the skin, which is why I'm so smitten with it.
(swatched here)

::4:: Burberry Midnight Brown Eyeshadow 
Again, Burberry is on point with their eyeshadow formula too, and although I love all of the shades I own (clearly depicted in this post), I think Midnight Brown is a must-have for everyone. Smokey eye lovers will enjoy it for more obvious reasons, while those who tend to prefer a more natural eye can still find endless utility in it by using it on an angled liner brush to add soft definition to the lash line or on a standard MAC 217-like brush to add a bit of drama to the outer lid. It's the perfect shade to spice up a barely there daytime eye look and transform it into a more nighttime appropriate look.
(swatched here)

::5:: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst
The Caviar Sticks are some of the best cream eyeshadows I've come across to date. Amethyst in particular has amazing staying power (I've used it without primer many times), and I think the purpley taupe shade will flatter many different skin tones and eye colors.

::6:: NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick 
Although Dolce Vita is a MLBB shade on me, I think those who are considerably fairer than I am would pull it off beautifully as a refined, muted rose with a natural sheen. I also find Dolce Vita easy to swipe on on-the-go without a mirror, very moisturizing, and comfortable to wear.
(swatched here; worn here)

::7:: Tarte Exposed Blush 
Exposed is one of my few go-to blushes when I have trouble settling on a shade. It's a matte, mauvey nude that I think would suit most everyone. It can seem like quite a boring shade in the pan, but believe me, everyone needs a shade like this in their stash. I've gotten so much use out of it!
(swatched here)

::8:: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener
Though I've heard mixed reviews on the Instant Age Rewind Concealers, I've only used and can only vouch for the brightener. For me, and I suspect for many of you out there as well, the brightener isn't enough on its own to cancel out or cover up dark circles, but when used over a concealer or corrector that does, the overall effect is a fresh and bright under eye area that fools people into thinking you've gotten much more sleep than anyone has time for these days.

What are a few products you'd recommend to just about anyone?


41 comments:

  1. Such awesome picks!! I'd die for a burberry eyeshadow, going to compile a wish list soon, with like 4 estee lauder palettes and 3 singles from burberry! I'd recomment bourjois healthy mix foundation, NYX slide on eyeliners, korres mango butter lipsticks, kiss me heroine eyeliner and mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, why must Burberry be so expensive? </3 I will have that blush soon though! ... hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing picks, it might be what decides me to finally get amber diamond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burberry Tangerine has been on my wishlist for the longest time... Pondering between that and Hydrangea Pink from the SS13 collection - might as well pick up an eye shadow whilst I'm there too *Adds Midnight Brown* ;-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! I must try a Burberry eyeshadow! But I have so much shadow that I just can't justify shelling out $30 for 1! But one day I will splurge :P . I think I will try that brightener shade from the Maybelline line. The concealer shades are just ok for me. Have you tried the Radiant shade in the Lumi line from Maybelline, it might be similar to that but you get more product in the eraser packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picks Tiffany! Do they still sell Dior Amber Diamond at your place? Here they dc'ed it :(. I definitely want more Burberry eye shadows, they are just so amazing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tiff, AWESOME picks! Now I want Amethyst too (I have Sand Glow)! I'd recommend Burbery Pale Barley, Chanel Rose Initiale, and Clinique Curviest Caramel to anyone. While they might not look like much swatched, these are pieces I use VERY often :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost bought Amber Diamond a few times but always got scared off by the shimmer. But every time I see you rave about it, I want to go out and grab one anyway!


    I meant to get some Burberry blushes at some point but haven't yet. Will have to swatch Tangerine when I'm finally ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tiffany, These all look like great picks --- Tangerine and Exposed, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picks! Too bad I don't have a Burberry in my area :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dolce vita is my absolute favorite. Have you tried their satin lip pencils? They are to die for! Would love to try Burberry shadows next. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish we could get the eye eraser in the UK! We only have the foundation. I love Exposed aswell - Tarte is another range we dont have! Boo!

    Lovely post!

    Allie from Alliesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely items :)
    I would recommend MAC's Ricepaper eyeshadow and Nars Madly Blush
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! Burberry Tangerine blush and Tarte Exposed have been on my wish-list for quite a long time by now :/ I really need to hurry up and get on that! I'll probably go for Tangerine first as the way you describe the shade just calls to me (and I LOVE Burberry's blush formula!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh I love everything! I understand what you mean about Tarte Exposed and wearing it when you can't figure out what shade to wear, haha. That's my MAC BlushBaby. Burberry blushes are the best and Tangerine is a shade I have definitely wanted to try! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. MAC Blushbaby was my first ever real blush! I'm actually on my second one now, but I don't use it so much anymore because I have so many others :-/ It's really, really similar to Exposed though. You NEED to try Tangerine, Taylor. It would suit you so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Becca! And yes, you really do need Tangerine! It's such a flattering shade. What Burberry blushes do you have? I really want Blossom, but it's nowhere to be found right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Nicole :) I've wanted Madly for a while now but just not enough to finally buy it for some reason. It definitely seems like one of those shades that looks better on the face than it does in the pan though. Glad to hear you love it and Ricepaper so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, I know, Allie - it's such a shame Tarte isn't available over there! Maybe soon? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, I haven't, but I've swatched them and I agree that they are to die for! Let me know if you try out any Burberry eyeshadows, Kimberly. I'd love to know which shades you liked the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I'm sorry :( Can you order online?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Dovey! They're definitely well loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amber Diamond is definitely shimmery, but I love it so much! It isn't overly shimmery, especially if you use only a little bit on a stippling brush (I use the MAC 188). I've heard the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter is even more subtle, so I'll keep you updated!


    Let me know what you think of Tangerine! You should try it on your cheeks, though. It doesn't look like anything special swatched :-/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh, the seems to be the theme with many people's well loved products, huh? The whole "looks better applied than it does swatched" theme. I totally get it though! I love Pale Barley and Rose Initiale too, and Curviest Caramel looks amazing on you!


    I think you'd definitely like Amethyst if you like taupes or purple tones, Sunny! And Sand Glow is super pretty - I've swatched it so many times already :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Teri! And yes, Amber Diamond is still available over here...that's a shame it's DC'd over there. Were you able to get your hands on one before that happened?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much, Aileen! I agree that the Burberry shadows are really pricey, but somehow I still think it's worth it! The shades I have are such great neutrals that I am able to get a TON of use out of them :)


    And I actually have the Maybelline concealer in the shade Radiant! I really like that one too. That one has more coverage than the brightener though, so I can use it on it's own, but I think the brightener is lighter (in consistency) and sits more nicely on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, you might as well! :D I think you'd like the eyeshadow in Rosewood too, Jessica! Or Pale Barley. That's definitely a tough choice though - Hydrangea Pink also looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Gaelle :) Let me know if you finally end up getting it. I thought it was so much money when I got it, but it's definitely been worth it considering how much use I've gotten out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know :( It's worth it to me though! I've used all of my Burberry products a lot, and they're definitely staples in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh, I like Healthy Mix too, although I think I prefer Healthy Mix Serum...have you tried that one, Sharlynn? And I've heard good things about those Korres lipsticks. I don't know why I haven't tried one yet! What EL palettes are you lusting after?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I so regret not getting Amber Diamond when I had the chance ($44 from StrawberryNet earlier last year) ... now of course it's nowhere to be seen :p I went through a phase where I was obsessed with highlighters but for some reason restrained myself from getting the Dior, mainly because of the price point and the fact I already had enough highlighters. Burberry's makeup packaging is so gorgeous - would love to try their blushes and eyeshadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this post ! tangerine and midnight brown are definitey must haves

    ReplyDelete
  33. i have both burberry items and dior amber diamond. YAY. i have been curious about all of the others you mentioned though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awww, did it get discontinued over there too? I heard about it getting DC'd a while ago, but we still have them available here for some reason, so maybe it only applied to some countries :-/ Believe me, it pained me to spend that much money on a highlighter too, especially since I bought it 2-3 years ago back when I wasn't used to spending so much on makeup yet. But, it's been so worth it for Amber Diamond in my opinion! It really is a fantastic product.


    And I definitely think you should look into trying some Burberry makeup soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Glad you agree! Can't live without either of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Do you love them too?? Haha. You should really try the LM Caviar Sticks, though, Joyce! They're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i got the caviar stick in khaki! (Had a gc for sephora) yay can't wait to try it. and yes i love burberry... haven't used the dior in a while, though i totally should!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Dior highlighter and the Tarte blush have been in my wishlist for years!
    Loved this post! Thank you for so many good recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. No problem, Maria! Both products are definitely really hyped up, but in this case, I think they deserve the hype ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Khaki is so pretty! I remember swatching it the last few times I was at Sephora, but I haven't bought it yet. Key word: yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh, Burberry Tangerine Blush!! My friend keeps looking at that one but I wasn't sure...but with your love for it I need to get a closer look at that puppy!!! Love, love, love the LM Caviar shadow sticks!! Tarte Exposed is such a beautiful color, too! I still haven't tried Amber Diamond...guess I need to get on it stat! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...