4.19.2013

Getting the Glow.

Personally, I'm a big fan of a glowing, luminous complexion. I think everyone should be. Who doesn't want smooth, dewy, youthful looking skin, right? These are my easy tips for achieving the glow.
1. Exfoliate. Either physical (Clarisonic, scrubs, etc.) or chemical (such as the REN mask shown above) exfoliation will work. It's important to remove dead skin cells that sit on the surface on the skin and can often clog pores and lead to an overall dull complexion. I like using the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask once a week because my skin literally looks and feels like it's glowing afterwards. 

2. Mix in a subtle, liquid illuminator into your daily foundation. I'm using the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone today, a peachy champagne shade, and I mixed it with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. This adds an overall radiance to my skin but leaves the sparkle at the door.

3. Swap out powder products for cream ones...and I'm talking real cream products with a dewy, cream finish, not cream-to-powder. One of my all-time favorite cream blush formulas is MAC's discontinued blushcreme line, and I decided to go with Pleasureful, a rosey tan shade. For an additional highlight because let's be honest, I can be a bit of a highlight-aholic sometimes, I opted for Benefit Watt's Up just on the tops of my cheekbones. And if I don't have to (like today), I'll skip out on a finishing powder altogether. The less powder, the better.


That's it really! Three easy steps to achieving the glow. On my eyes, I'm wearing the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold on the lid with Burberry Almond eyeshadow in the crease, and I have the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #15 on my lips.

How do you achieve the glow?


25 comments:

  1. This combination of products really gives you a great glow. I'm obsessed with highlighters, but it is a love hate relationship due to my oily skin. When I wear them (most days), I have to be extra diligent with the blotting papers, but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I totally missed the part where you got bangs! It suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiff, I have both the REN mask and the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, and I love both! I also like radiance-boosting setting powders (like Guerlain Meteorites and Hourglass Radiant Light) for that purpose. I just feel so weird without a setting powder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really love this! You look healthy and glowing with a nice hint of colour! Also really loving your eyes, they go very well with the rest of the face. I still need to try the Becca shimmering perfectors, they look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look amazing. I love Becca's Skin perfector! It's one of my favorite highlight products of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Claire! Both rms beauty and RBR have caught my eye lately - definitely hoping to try out some of their products soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, really?? How old was it, do you remember? I would be devastated (and grossed out) if that happened to mine :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Aileen! I'd heard so many good things about the Shimmering Skin Perfectors that it was really only a matter of time before I added one to my collection. Definitely liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Teri :) You should definitely try the Shimmering Skin Perfectors. I love how easy they make it to achieve an all-over glow. I haven't tried it as just a cheek highlight or anything like that yet, but I'm definitely going to. Apparently they work really nicely for that purpose as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sunny! I've never tried the Guerlain Meteorites...are they worth the hype and the price you think? I love my Hourglass powders too, but I definitely think my skin looks dewier without any powder at all. I used to never be able to go without powder because my skin was so oily, so I'm enjoying having that option now that my skin is more balanced :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thank you so much, Gaby! Glad you like them too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean. I used to have really oily skin too, and I would try to stay away from cream products and would always have to powder. Luckily, my skin is more balanced now so I can get away with using creams and not powdering, etc., but yes, blotting papers are an oily skin girl's best friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much, girl! I'm so glad I finally have one in my collection now :D What shade(s) do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Tiffany, I wasn't too sure about it myself till I got the LE version from the last holiday collection. It is absolutely something you have to try on to appreciate. It's been my go-to setting powder since. While I don't think I'll start collecting them, I love my tub and I don't think I'll go off it anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great tips tiffany! I prefer having glowy skin too, I think matte looks so flat sometimes!


    xo, aly

    ReplyDelete
  16. You looks so gorgeous and glowy! I miss the old MAC Blushcremes too. I still have an old Posey and love it. And dang it, I had that LM Caviar Stick in Rose Gold in my basket yesterday but put it back! Need to go back for it now because I love it on your lids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh my goodness, this is total makeup-inspiration for me. I adore the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector and the Rose Gold and Burberry shadow combo is stunning. Ah, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your skin looks ahhhmazing here!! i use to use MAC strobe cream .. but found that *too bright* when mixed with foundation. instead, i too, reach for watts up to add that bit of glow just above the cheeks. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Tiffany! The weather gets really humid here, so I tend to opt for powder highlighters in the day, and creams if I go out in the evening. Rose gold looks absolutely stunning on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg almost didn't recognize you! You look so natural and beautiful in these pics love the bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you love yours! I think I should stay away from them for the time being....I can't really afford to fall in love with anything that pricey right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My fav has to be Guerlain Cruel Gardenia. It gives a subtle glow that is natural and it is not glittery. I also love Dior Amber Diamond for night time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, girl! I kind of stopped using highlighters for a little while, but I'm re-obsessed with them now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much, Jillian! Glad you like the look :) I'm going to review it soon, but honestly, I think it's definitely worth getting. It makes for a great foundation AND concealer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...