3.03.2013

The Sunday Face.


I decided to go for nearly naked eyes today and pair it with a stronger lip, and since I saw a sliver of sunlight when I peaked out of my bedroom window, I took advantage of the moment to snap some photos too. (Speaking of nearly naked, I picked up the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation earlier - can't wait to try it!)


The main reason I went for this look today was because I wanted to try out the NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Strawberry Jam that my friend gave me earlier this week. So far, I seriously think this stuff is amazing. So much so that I've already purchased it in another shade! It's like a ridiculously opaque liquid lipstick and based on the two times I've worn it, it seems to have amazing lasting power on the lips too.


On my eyes, I just have a sheer wash of MAC Bare Study Paint Pot all over my lid up to the brow bone with MAC Nylon in my inner corner as an eye-brightening highlight. Nylon is, without a doubt, my all-time favorite inner corner highlight shade. I used my usual Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara.


On my face, it should be no surprise I went with my current favorite base product, the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002 Fair. I concealed my under-eye area with my new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey and used its yellow-toned counterpart, Custard, on redness and the monstrous blemish on my chin. Lovely, no? Too soon to review, but I'll update you guys on my thoughts soon. Since I'm trying to test out the staying power of the concealers, I didn't want to powder too much, so I just stuck with a bit of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light down my t-zone.

On my cheeks, I'm wearing Benefit Sugarbomb, which I just pulled out from the depths of my makeup drawer earlier and immediately upon applying it, I wondered why I ever stopped to begin with. It's a blush that pairs perfectly with smokey eyes or statement lips. Love it so much.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


23 comments:

  1. Adorable! Strawberry Jam looks amazing on you, and I can definitely feel the cheerfulness of spring! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the NARS concealer. I can't wait to pick it up when it's available on the UK-based webshop where I get NARS from :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty! I really want to try Sugarbomb, I've heard a ton about it! And I have Bare Study, but not Nylon - I love the way they look together on you!


    xo
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Nearly Naked foundation! And you pull off bright lips so well - I'm always too afraid to leave my house with anything more than a little tint... haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Sounds like another liquid lipstick product I have to try. The colour is amazing on you! Now I'm quite curious about the new Revlon foundation! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lip creams from NYX! I have it in Addis Ababa and it's like the non-drying version of NARS Schiap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Similar to NARS Schiap? That sounds gorgeous! Is that one a Soft Matte Lip Cream? I just picked some up today! I can't wait to see how the formula compares to the Xtreme Lip Creams :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Teri! You should definitely give them a go if you can. I'm very impressed with the formula. I can't wait to try out the Revlon foundation. I've heard mostly good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try to do an update on my blog once I've used the foundation a bit! And thank you, Amy! I used to feel really uncomfortable wearing such bold lips, especially during the day. I don't know what changed but I love it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aly, you need Nylon! It's so perfect if you don't mind having a more dramatic inner corner highlight, although it can be sheered out of course :) And Sugarbomb used to be one of my go-to blushes, and after today, I remember why! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Sunny! I should have a review of the concealer up by the weekend, hopefully. So far, so good, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lip color looks amazing on you. I have 3 of those and thanks to you, I need to give it some more love. haha almost forgot about them. Poor lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is gorgeous! I really want to try some of the benefit box blushers and think that Sugarbomb looks great!

    http://anna-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous ! I love those NYX lippies, but I only own the soft matte lip creams - now I want to try the version you have x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lipstick on you <3 gorgeous. I love a liquid lipstick so may have to try some of these :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Julie! Which shades do you have? I picked up Nude Peach Fuzz too. And don't worry - I neglect my poor makeup all the time. You're not alone :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Anna! I have a few of them, and I LOVE them! I want to try Hervana next :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the look :) Benefit's sugarbomb is so pretty and has such a lovely effect! x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo, I just picked up 2 of the soft matte lip creams actually! Can't wait to try them. You should try out the Xtreme Lip Cream formula if you like liquid lipsticks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, thanks, Fleur! You should definitely give these a go, and they're so affordable too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look flawless and glowing! I those NYX lipsticks and that shade is stunning on you. I'm now wondering If I might need that Benefit blush :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo gorg, professional looking and just flawless. Love it. I love the bold lip, heard a lot about those NYX lip creams and with that light cheek and eye the look is tied together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. pretty and classic nude face bold lip, like it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...