3.30.2013

New Revlon Lip Butters.


It's no secret I'm a Revlon Lip Butter fan. I know not everyone is, but I find them to be quite moisturizing and easy to wear, and the wide array of colors means there's something for everyone. Combine my Lip Butter fanaticism with my makeup hoarder tendencies and you get me, obsessively scouring the aisles of Ulta and Target for Revlon's four new Lip Butter shade releases.
The four new shades, from left to right, are: Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya, Sorbet, and Wild Watermelon.

L to R: Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya, Sorbet, Wild Watermelon

Pink Lemonade is a pale peachy pink and is the sheerest of the four new shades. I also find that it applies the least evenly. When I wear it, my natural lip color still peeks through, which is good because I think it would be too pale on me otherwise. It doesn't add a ton of color to my decently pigmented lips, but I could see it being a nice option when I want to nude out my natural lip color a bit.

Juicy Papaya is a gorgeous, warm peach that I know I'll get a ton of use out of. I've already been wearing this constantly since getting it. It's such a flattering shade for everyday wear and just seems to go with everything. Undoubtedly one of my favorites of the bunch.

Sorbet is a hot pink that is warmer than shades like Lollipop. I love how it makes me look instantly put together, but the ease of application makes it quick and non-fussy - always a plus in my book. This is my other favorite shade.

 Wild Watermelon is pink-based red. As with all of the brighter and/or darker lip butter shades, Wild Watermelon is easy to apply and comfortable to wear, making it a great option for an on-the-go red.

None of these new shades contain shimmer, and all of them stay true to the fantastic lip butter formula and are easy to apply (albeit Pink Lemonade could apply a bit more evenly), comfortable to wear (moisturizing and they tend to wear off uniformly), and have varying levels of pigmentation that can be easily built up. My favorites are Juicy Papaya and Sorbet, although Wild Watermelon is also great if you're on the market for a sheer red. I'm not as wowed by Pink Lemonade, and seeing as how it's been the toughest one to hunt down, I'm a bit annoyed that I did. I'm sure I'll use it, but it's just not really that special, in my opinion. 

I first found Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and Wild Watermelon incorporated into the permanent Lip Butter display at Target, and I found Pink Lemonade a few days later on a special display separate from the permanent shades at Ulta, although I believe all four shades are now permanent. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

What do you think of the new Revlon Lip Butter shades? Which one is your favorite?


49 comments:

  1. Ah Tiffany, you are so cute in these pics! I just want to pinch your cheeks, lol! ^^ I really love the two darker shades, The pink one must be my favourite on you! I really hope that they will be released here too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics of you sporting the different colours are so cute!


    http://lianerrr.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like juicy papaya on you :)


    These are so pretty!


    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I LOVE these on you, and the pics are SOOOOOO cute!!! I think I like Sorbet and Wild Watermelon the most, because the lighter shades are unlikely to make too much of any difference on my lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wild Watermelon looks especially gorgeous on you :) I've been trying so hard not to give into these but Pink Lemonade looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks so pretty! Juicy Papaya looks like a really great summery peachy color! I will definietly check that one out :)


    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're released now??? There goes some more money of mine...I got to get Papaya! It's just so pretty! Too bad Pink Lemonade isn't as good; I was most excited for that. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg...I honestly want them all! I hope singapore brings in more shades including these! I love the last two shades! I think they all look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to try out Juicy Papaya. Thanks for the review and swatches - you helped me decide on which one I should get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Wild Watermelon looks the best. Lipsticks are incredible, especially if they're moisutrising, definitely going to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are so pretty! My fav would have to be juicy papaya - it looks so wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tiffany,
    I really like Sorbet and Wild Watermelon and I can't wait until I get my hands on them!
    xoxo
    Blusherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to get my hands on Juicy Papaya!


    Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Juicy Papaya and Wild Watermelon are officially on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow thank u for the swatches and how they look on the lips!!!!
    i have to find them now bc i thought they had shimmer which i dont like, but if theyre non shimmer they have to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wild Watermelon looks fabulous! It's right in the pink-red shade range I'm looking for my next lip color. But to be honest, I haven't worn my lip butters in ages so it's probably best if I find the shade in another lip product. If I can find it. This one is sure pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wild Watermelon is definitely pretty! Is there a reason you stopped wearing the lip butters? I forgot about them for a while but I still love the formula :) And thank you so much! No falsies, just the Stila mascara...I was having a good eyelash day, although I think the winged liner also gave the illusion of more fluttery lashes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! I think you would like Juicy Papaya :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, right? Thanks for your comment, Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's my favorite of the four, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, and you should definitely try to get them - they're both really pretty! Thanks, Blusherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Cindy. I think that one is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Isabella! Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. No problem, Jennifer! Juicy Papaya is my favorite of the bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much, Sharlynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes! There popping up everywhere now, but they started off in Target and Ulta stores first. You might like Pink Lemonade! I know some people do, just not me :-/ But you definitely need Juicy Papaya! It's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, you definitely should Aly! I think it would look great on just about everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Sylvie! I couldn't resist even though I certainly didn't need any more lipsticks XD

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know what you mean, Sunny. Some people were raving about Pink Lemonade but it just did nothing for me. Glad you liked my excessive use of selfies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much, Lily! I love that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww, thank you, Liane! I realized it was kind of excessive, but I thought it was fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha, thank you, Teri :D I hope you guys have access to them soon, too! I think Sorbet and Wild Watermelon would both look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I started preferring more vibrant lip colors. I really liked Sweet Tart and Raspberry Pie but found them migrating outside my lip line as well as fading with a Kool-Aid effect. Not my favorite look, lol. I love the "good eyelash day." I totally have those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want juicy papaya!!! Then sorbet. You look great in all of course but my fav on you is wild watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. juicy papaya looks ahhhmazing on you!! can't wait for these new hues to hit the shelf in australia - i completely agree, ease of application and no fuss is a major bonus

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks, Julie! I seriously love Juicy Papaya. I've been telling everyone they need it. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much! I hope you guys get them over there soon too! Which shades would you pick up?

    ReplyDelete
  38. What have you got on your eyes? I love how it is not a neutral brown but "goes" with all the different lip looks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. cute pics! lol. i need to get one of these lipsticks eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks, Karen! It's the taupe shade in the Tarina Tarantino Magical eyeshadow palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you, Joyce! You should! In case you need a shade recommendation, I personally think Juicy Papaya would flatter just about everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. you know what, I just realized i have two lip butter shades already! GEEZ. berry smoothie and raspberry pie! i'm dumb lol.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oooh! Juicy Papaya and Wild Watermelon are right up my alley - guess you could squeeze Sorbet in there too! Loving seeing you playing up to the camera! I'm also a fan of the lip butters and just bought another tube (Tutti Frutti) today! So easy - I just love them for no fuss lip colour and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful shades on a beautiful lady ;) You have just reminded me that I need to get my lip butters out of the drawer and use them more often :) btw, I absolutely adore your eye-makeup!! You look stunning as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hahah. I have Berry Smoothie too and I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I bet Tutti Frutti looks amazing on you, Vita! I love how well you pull off brighter lip shades :) I can't believe I still haven't added Tutti Frutti to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awww, thank you so much, Lina <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  48. I saw sorbet in Walgreens the other day, but thought it looked a little too bright. I was definitely wrong! This color is perfect and not overwhelming at all!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I know what you mean though! Sorbet and Wild Watermelon do seem quite bright, but I think the semi-sheer formula makes it possible to wear it less full-on too if you want, or you can build up the color :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...