3.12.2013

A Spring Pink Flush.


Following up on my FOTD post where I wore Chanel Rose Initiale but mentioned I don't turn to pink blushes as often as I should, I discovered that there are actually a few pinks that I absolutely adore. Especially with spring right around the corner, a healthy pink flush is definitely on the beauty agenda.

Clockwise from top left:
Benefit Bella Bamba
Accessorize Starlet
Benefit Sugarbomb
Collection 2000 Blushalicious
Illamasqua Hussy


L to R:
Benefit Bella Bamba
Accessorize Starlet
Benefit Sugarbomb
Collection 2000 Blushalicious
Illamasqua Hussy


Benefit Bella Bamba is a bright and fun glittery, medium pink blush that resembles the shimmery offspring of Collection 2000 Blushalicious and Illamasqua Hussy if they were to have an adorable little blush baby. While some may find it too shimmery, I love me some sparkle every now and again, so I don't mind. Given my pale winter complexion at the moment, I have to use a light hand, but it's definitely still wearable.

Accessorize Starlet is one of the few cool-toned pinks that I just can't get enough of. Although I typically find I suit warmer tones better, the contrast of a cool toned baby pink against my skin tone can be quite youthful and refreshing, and Starlet is one of my favorites for this purpose, without a doubt.

Benefit Sugarbomb is probably the least pink pink of the five blushes in this post, coming in just shy of full pink status as a shimmery, pale peachy pink. Sugarbomb is one of my favorite everyday blushes and for light to medium skin tones, you can't really go wrong with this in your collection. Unlike Bella Bamba which can sometimes come off as glittery, Sugarbomb has more of a sheen that illuminates my complexion.

Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious is a fantastic four-in-one blush, and the swatch above represents the shades all mixed together. It's a bit lighter than both Bella Bamba and Hussy, and as you might have already guessed based on the cryptic name, it's shimmery ;) This blush is a great one to travel with as each individual shade also looks great on it's own. If I'm looking for a lighter pink, I might swirl the two left shades together, or if it's a deeper, more corally pink I'm after, I'll swirl the two right shades together. The possibilities are endless with Blushalicious. Tacky name; great product.

Illamasqua Hussy is a matte, bright watermelon pink that may be a bit more suitable for the summer months, but applied lightly with care, it can definitely also work on paler skin in the spring. As it's very pigmented, I like to tap my blush brush in once or twice and tap and swirl off any excess product on the back of my hand before lightly dusting it onto my cheeks. It takes a bit of practice to not overdo it, but once you get it right, it's oh so right

What are some of your pink blush picks for spring?


41 comments:

  1. Bella Bamba is such a classic blush! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this :) Sugarbomb looks so pretty, I have Hoola by Benefit and I'm dying to try out more of their little boxed powders x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try an Illamasqua blush for a really long time, but I can't seem to decide just which one I want first! The level of pigmentation intimidates me a little as well. However, since everybody seems to like it so much and thinks it's workable, I'm pretty sure I'll eventually take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see some lovely spring pinks! I actually forgot I owned Sugarbomb! *off to shop le stash* xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinks are so fun to wear. I love NARS Desire but it can be tricky for some people to work on their skin tone. I also love CARGO Catalina, NARS Deep throat, and NARS Amour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post so much! Blushes are my current obsession and I've been dying to try Illamasqua blushes. So pretty!

    http://lianerrr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loooove your picks! Illamasqua Hussy is on my list since ages! And the Benefit blushes are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hussy looks so pretty! I wonder how closely it resembles Tarte's Tipsy? What a pretty spring shade!



    Loved the post Tiffany! Can't wait to whip out those spring blushes that have been hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pinks are all so pretty!
    I really like Hard Candy's Living Doll
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink blushes. I'm more of a pink girl. During the summer though I prefer coral ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love corals, probably more than pinks! I find the touch of orange to it makes it immensely more flattering on me for some reason. What are some of your favorites, Jamie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to check that one out next time I'm at Walmart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny you should ask - I've swatched them side by side before here: http://willworkformakeup.blogspot.com/2011/04/revisited-my-top-5-blushes.html (they're the third and fourth in the swatch) They're quite different, but both fantastic blushes in their own right. What are some of your spring blush staples, Annick?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Teri! I'll go ages without using Hussy but every time I use it again, I'm reminded of why it's so amazing! Perfect pop of pink on the cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Liane :) What are some of your favorites at the moment? And Illamasqua makes some AMAZING blushes, both in the powder and cream formulas. I highly recommend them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Desire too, but I admit I don't give it enough love. Need to remember to use it more! And I've gone back and forth so many times over the Cargo blushes, but I think I need to just finally get one and see what all the fuss is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Other people's blog posts and YT videos constantly remind me that I have a lot of the things they're talking about....I just need to use them! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should, Sunny! You just need a light hand and the right brush. Maybe even try a stippling brush in the beginning if you're afraid of over-applying it. In addition to the powder blushes, I'd also recommend their cream blushes! Their cream blush in Zygomatic is one of my go-to neutral blushes. I think you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Hoola and love it as well :) You should definitely try a few more, Stacey! Coralista is really nice too. I want to try Hervana too but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you like Bella Bamba too, Romila! Isn't it such a bright and cheerful blush? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks you!! They don't look the same at all - perhaps I really need Hussy! I think my Spring blush will probably be Tipsy actually! I keep forgetting about it but it's such a good blush!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm developing a bit of a blush addiction and I'm running out of storage space - those pink shades are just too pretty and Bella Bamba has been on my wishlist for an eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I find coral shades make me look burnt. I have no idea why! People would often comment on how it stands out and look unnatural on me. I've tried matte to shimmery corals and it somehow looks rather off on me.


    My favorites are NARS angelika, MAC dame and this Majolica Majorca blush in the pink shade. I forgot the code and it doesn't have a shade name. I find that pink blushes make me look younger and it flatters my skin the best. My sister also told me that pink blushes make me look like I'm not wearing anything but still manages to make me look polished. Plus, its what people give me compliments on. Like how blooming I look or that I look healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hussy is an absolutely amazing blush it has to be one of my favourites from Illamasqua

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Coco! I was surprised by how much I liked it too when I first got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know what you mean, Vita. I'm running out of space too but my wishlist keeps growing! Bella Bamba is such a fun and complexion-brightening shade. It would look so nice on you! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mine too, Andrew! I want to try more of their blushes. I'm really impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like pinks are definitely your shade then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I forget about Tipsy a lot too, but I think I'm going to start using it again soon. I agree - it's such a great blush!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chanel Rose Initial is definitely lovely! I'll be rocking my Giorgio Armani Sheer blushe in #2, Tarte's Natural Beauty & Illamasqua Tremble..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes! They really are. It seems like my second comment didn't go through. Anyway, I also have a few coral ones that I did like but ended up being given away eventually. NARS torrid, MILANI luminous and ELF candid coral :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. How beautiful! Illamasqua Hussy looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry about that, Jamie! I don't know what happened. I never saw another comment. But anyway, at least you found better homes for your coral blushes, I hope? For me, I find that a lot of the really bright and pigmented reds/deep pinks that people love for a natural, I-just-went-for-a-run type of flush sometimes make me look like I have rosacea, so yeah, I guess not all blush shades work for everyone. It's more about finding what does work for you, and it seems like you've definitely done that :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ah! I can't believe I don't have any of those! I've heard great things about Illamasqua Tremble though, so it's no surprise you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you :) I absolutely love it, especially in the spring and summer months for a bright and healthy flush to the cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have and always will be a huge fan of pink/rosy shades!! I love the first and last shade, bella bamba and hussy are so up my alley. For me, Lancome blush subtil in rose sable, bourjois pinks and anything rosy like cabana boy is what I go for with pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes, my Mom loves coral blushes. She wears them well with her bronzey/natural makeup. She has fairer skin than me, but pink looks off on her. Weird. I know what you mean by looking like you have rosacea. It all depends on our skintone and base color! I think most warm toned and those with fine gold shimmer work best for asian skin..I, however, is an exception in my opinion. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those all sound like great pink blush picks! I've never tried any of theBalm blushes before...maybe I should! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sugarbomb looks so nice! I am one of the few people who don't like Benefit's designs and products. But Sugarbomb has caught my eye many times. Maybe I should just get over it and invite that blush into my collection. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was surprised by how much I liked it, Martha! I think I bought it originally after seeing how much Christine from Temptalia raved about it. I like the packaging, but it's definitely bulky and I can see why people would like it as much. Let me know if you end up getting Sugarbomb - I'd love to know what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...