2.09.2013

NARS And God Created the Woman.


It's no secret I'm an eye palette lover. The convenience factor is undeniable, and coupled with solid neutrals that complement a multitude of skin tones, the utility is endless.

NARS And God Created the Woman palette is a Sephora-exclusive palette, and after seeing it on Alison's blog, I knew I had to have it.
NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Palette


The palette includes 6 shades: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove and Night Clubbing. Each shade comes in at 0.03oz, which is a bit less than the 0.04-0.05oz that normally comes in NARS' eye palettes, like the Pleasures of Paris palette, which I also own. But, unlike those other palettes, this one also comes with a mini tube of their eyeshadow base and an eyeshadow brush. 
Top, L to R: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari
Bottom, L to R: Galapagos, Coconut Grove, Night Clubbing

L to R: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove, Night Clubbing

Alhambra and Kalahari are shimmery, Bellisima and Coconut Grove are matte, and Galapagos and Night Clubbing have micro-glitter that barely translates when applied to the eye, so no fall-out either. Like the other NARS palette I own, I sometimes find that their matte shades swatch a bit chalky but do not apply with the same difficulty. Over primer, NARS shadows last hours and hours on me without fading or creasing.

I think the combination of neutral shades here is a winner. What the palette is missing that holds it back from being a completely functional palette on its own, in my opinion, is that it lacks a highlight shade. 

Here, I've used Kalahari all over the lid, Bellisima in the crease, and Galapagos in the outer third of the eye to darken it up.

Overall, I'm loving this palette at the moment. Is it a must-have? Probably not, but if you're a neutral lover, especially one that needs a compact, travel-friendly palette, this is definitely worth looking into.

I purchased the NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Palette from Sephora for $59.


28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love <3 I recently had an artist apply what I thought was a dark shade (Laura Mercier Cameo) to highlight and it actually looked fantastic. Have you thought of trying Alhambra or even a very light wash of Kalahari to highlight? I love them both that way, but maybe you prefer mattes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaa I want this too! What a nice and versatile palette! It looks SO nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I actually prefer shimmery, but I'm only about NC20, so Kalarhari would be much too dark for me, even applied lightly, and Alhambra is darker than I'd like and too pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colors!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sunny! I love neutral shadows and I can't resist them in palette form ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kalahari is gorgeous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made such a pretty look with it, I love the subtle glitters and the softness of the look. Very natural and wearable if you ask me :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been wanting this, and omg is it a Sephora-exclusive!? :( sad... it's not available in Australia and no one in US for me. Oh well! Money saved. LOL... but I already have Coconut Grove as a single and totally IN LOVE with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on the site and totally was interested! u have peaked it missy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so beautiful! Bellisima - omg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the shades are very pretty..kalahari and coconut grove are my fav....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I quite like the first 4 shades, those I'd be using all the time...however not the palette for me! I want the lorac pro!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so gorgeous...it's hurting me to not have it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh so tempted! Think this has just hit UK shores but my palette pile is ever growing and I really don't neeeed it - something I do need though is Chantecaille's Just Skin... that, I'll blame you for ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think so too, Savannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Teri! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, right? I didn't realize it was a Sephora-exclusive but I guess it is :( Glad I finally have Coconut Grove now - I've heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Vida. I thought so too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those shades too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, you KNOW I love the LORAC Pro Palette! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, haha. Glad you like it, Alex! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo, yes, I do love Just Skin....let me know what you think if and when you finally get it, Jessica! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was really tempted by this initially, but I really don't use my nars shadows much anymore, PLUS i don't need more eyeshadow. LOL! I'm so glad you have it and like it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish I didn't have the Alhambra and Kalahari duos already. This looks like such an amazing set!
    http://violabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ugh, believe me, I don't need anymore eyeshadows either! No self-control :-/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Eviola! It really is a great combination of shades :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...